Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RPM2Night

I could imagine how annoying that guy was on the train complaining about how long they were taking. He should have shut his mouth and known his role, cause if he was driving from where ever he was coming from, he would have been out there for another two extra hours probably. The trains cut through snow a lot better than cars do, but if the equipment is freezing here and there, nothing they can do about it. Oh well, some people will complain about anything and always try to blame someone.

As for my night with the snow, what a shitty time... I worked tuesday from 11 am to 8 pm. When I got there it was misting a little bit, in addition to the water that was already on my car from the rain. Once the temp dropped, of course that layer of water froze. Then the snow on top didn't help. Well, my drivers side door was facing north the way I parked, and it was frozen shut, solid! I had to crawl across the passenger side seat to get in. After sitting in my car for about 20 minutes wtih the blower on high to melt the ice off the window I gave up, because the winds that were cutting across my parking lot were just keeping the ice frozen despite the defroster blowing on my window. The thing that really added to the trouble that situation was causing me was because the following day (wednesday) I had to be up in Albany for an interview session with CSX which started at 8 AM, and the posting said they would only accept the 1st 30 visiters. The wind froze my washer fluid lines, so driving on the road I couldn't clean my windows with all of the salt water mist blowing up from the street. I only ended up with about 3 hours of sleep to prepare for a 3 hour drive, on the icey roads at 4 AM. Fun :D *sarcasm*