• Guilford/Pan Am Customer Between Wilmington and Anderson RTC

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by doublebell

The reefer at WCS was gone Tuesday morning.

by Stephen

That reefer was there for over three weeks...
- Stephen

by consist

Glad to hear WCS is still active, I had given them up for dead last year. Does anybody know their relationship with the company Metrowest Freezer? They had a siding in Natick, were the last customer left on the Saxonville Industrial Track out there, and somebody said they were a sister company to WCS but I can't find that info anymore. Metrowest Freezer definitely stopped getting service one full year ago.

by Finch

Just want to point out that the cement company north of Anderson RTC is Lehigh Northeast Cement Company, or something to that effect. Either Glens Falls Cement is located elsewhere, or the name/company has changed. This is on Eames Street in Wilmington.

Lehigh does have a "thing" that I saw pushing a few cars around today. Let's try posting a picture of it:

I was busy watching the MBTA Lowell line so I had to scramble to get this shot! :-D

by l008com

Thats an awesome pic. I'e nver seen their trackmoile moving. I'm always around at midnight but still :-P

by Finch

l008com wrote:Thats an awesome pic. I'e nver seen their trackmoile moving. I'm always around at midnight but still :-P
Thanks. I had never seen it moving either...but this was only my second time at this location! Perhaps I got lucky. :-) I was eagerly waiting for the Downeaster to come through when I heard a bit of rumbling and saw through the bushes that the hoppers were moving! I hastily made my way to the middle of the span of the bridge over the main line and managed to catch them on their way back across the road towards their resting place. Every day I am more thankful that this new camera of mine has a long zoom! :P

by CSX Conductor

consist wrote:Glad to hear WCS is still active, I had given them up for dead last year. Does anybody know their relationship with the company Metrowest Freezer? They had a siding in Natick, were the last customer left on the Saxonville Industrial Track out there, and somebody said they were a sister company to WCS but I can't find that info anymore. Metrowest Freezer definitely stopped getting service one full year ago.
The freezers in Medford, Natick and South Boston were owned by 3 brothers, the only one still getting rail is the one in South Boston (albeit very sporatic). :wink: