• Gov't Center Redo

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by helium

Any word on the Gov't Center remodeling?
It's in 'design phase' on the T site, but there isn't any more info.

by hynespb

i would also like to know about this.

by CJ

Well, last time I was through there, the "fake" walls on the blue line platform were gone, and the old mosaic "Scollay Under" tiles were showing, and there was a coat of paint (or primer) that was white over the walls (in that section).

That = All I know atm!

by darksun23c

Well, that is for the Blue Line conversion to 6-car train lengths; they had to widen the platforms in the Blue Line part of Gov. Center. As for the headhouse remodeling, I have a feeling its on the backburner and will be for quite a while. Nevermind the fact that most of the design pictures look a lot nicer than the finished result. For example, look at the design for Charles/MGH:
Then look at what has been built. Keep in mind that the station is supposed to be done in Fall 2006.

by CSX Conductor

CJ wrote:Well, last time I was through there, the "fake" walls on the blue line platform were gone, and the old mosaic "Scollay Under" tiles were showing
It was nice to see the old Scollay Under signs today. :-D

by parovozis

darksun23c wrote:For example, look at the design for Charles/MGH:
Then look at what has been built. Keep in mind that the station is supposed to be done in Fall 2006.
What is being built is getting amazingly closer and closer to the design in the picture. So wait until they finish everything.

by Robert Paniagua

Even when they had those blue and green fake walls up, I was still able to see the "Scollay Under" signage there when I looked down the tracks. Now, I'm also glad the extended that pltform, and hopefully they'll keep the old Scollay Under sign, just like they did with South Station Under over at the Red Line.