• Gardner Gawking

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

0234-0420/06-06-2022 started off with a spell of Yard-Channel hash that possibly included D-3 since a "That is correct" emerged clear. The next hash came at 0236 on the P&W Yard Channel, quiet to follow until 0252 when ???? called out to D-3 who rogered whatever they next said. The next minute, D-3 OKd FI-2 to continue W. A period of radio inactivity would now start.
At 0305, the 333 WLs were dark, the expectable Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s to follow.
Most of the way WB up Da Hill, there was CSXT Dispatcher hash, possible involving Q426, as will be seen later.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and from just W of the E FP to just E of the Pratt yard, 4 had general that included covered hoppers, 1 company gon, a good number of Brand X high-side gons, and tanks that included at least 1 LPG. And yes, the tie stack seemed the same.
There was EB AMTK hash at 0331, and 5 later, the 333 WLs were dark. Further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach, all else dark up to and including the FG WLs. There had been unattributable car countdowns starting at 0342 that would clear up enough to seem like somebody was doing a handbrake test, and at 0349, the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT, as was the W end of East Side except for the delivery tracks. At 0355, there was no view of the EB staggers for Derby for the usual reasons.
Things remained quiet until 0418 with Road-side hash that included a clear "6." D-3 then responded that there'd be a new crew for them at New Bond, asked for the power lineup, and rogered without repeating. Naught else as of the 0420 end of listening.

OT hedzup -- both NB and SB sides of I-190 had message boards advising of a Tuesday night -- start-time unspecified -- shutdown of Exit 17 -- Route 117 -- with a detour to Exit 14, Route 12.
  by rustyrails

When is the Q426 going to start going strait to Maine. I heard the dispatcher from D3 said he just got the news. I would expect a new train schedule will begin.
  by jaymac

0229-0430/06-08-2022 produced naught to, from, or about Q426/7, but did start with a 3-step and somebody telling somebody else he'd be going to Channel 1 for a second. Never heard immediate further developments on that, but given later development coulda been FI-2.
At 0252, D-3 answered AY-3, confirmed. they were lined and locked at the Milling, and OKd them on signal indication. 2 later, D-3 answered AY-3 again, rogering whatever they said.At 0302, the 333 WLs were dark, and the next minute, 22K with NS 6959 reached out to D-3 to find out what was ahead of them. It would be IM-1 to IM-2, the power to be left on IM-2. 22K next asked if there was anything on any of those tracks, D-3 issuing a stand-by. Next, there were trashes on IM-2, but FI-2 would be there to help. AY-4 got a mention, too. AY-3 was at Spagna's, so they'd be outta the way. Given 22K's signal strength and signals to the W -- 334 ELs at Stop and 1 WB stagger and 335s dark -- guessing that 22K mighta been around 330 and not FG. Dunno whether recent recrew or not.
The rest of the way WB up Da Hill was quiet except for 0315 AMTK hash.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 in the yard had general -- covered hoppers, 3 NS boxes, a good number of Brand X high-side loads, and whatever else -- from just W of the E FP to the ambulance company. Remember when the yard could be crammed and with even more cars on the #2? Anybody guessing that the tie stack mighta disappeared is more optimistic than I am.
EB and at 0330, D-3 gave a broken-to-me 241 to AY-3 with the 752?, other deets lost, next advising that 22K was at Derby and would be 1st, so mebbe a Pine Tree tie-down.
At 0336, the 333 WLs were dark, and the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach. Post refueling stop, there would be the start of ongoing and initially garbled car countdowns. From the 330.8 WBs to tto the GL WLs was in darkness, and at 0353, the FG WLs went from Stops to dark, KCIR 5966 shoving E on West Side at 0357. Covered hoppers were on the headpin, so dunno about the trashes mentioned earlier.
6 later, there had been no changes at the RVJ stub, so dunno about the EB staggers for Derby.
At 0408 started sometimes-clear 22K car countdowns. A minue later, D-3 started an extended and sometimes broken convo with AY-3 about 22K, being good til 0530, and being on the Camp. There were 2 crews working a short 22 K -- AY-4 the other? -- so AY-3 should be able to get back into the yard. Distance, elevation, and topography hashed the rest.
At 0423, there was a clear "22K, 3-step," but the rest got hashed. At 0429 came a clear "Got the 1 switch lined," followed quickly by garble that included "PTC" and "air." naught further as of the end of 0430 end of listening.
To borrow an expression, "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
  by jaymac

0228-0415/06-10-2022 started off with a goodly amount of Yard-Channel hash that became Road-side hash at 0236. D-3 would then answer M426 -- yes, M as in Mike, a symbolic change, but still a change -- and the ensuing Road-side garble indicated that M426 was into DCS at Burncoat, that getting a roger. To save suspense, naught would be heard to, from, or about M427.
Silence would now come outta the speaker until 0252 when a breaking D-2 seemed to be acknowledging something about NA-? with the 3?? and the Northern Main Line, silence then returning.
At 0259, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops on the 334 ELs, darkness on the 1 WB stagger and 335s in sequence.
Up Da Hill the 345 ELs were at Stop, but after the swing-around at Timpany Boulevard, the WLs were dark and the yard MT. The ? about whether an EB had gotten E or a WB W was answered at 0315 when the 346.6 gave a no defects, total axle count 387 (yes, seven), 52º, and 5808', acknowledged by ED-9. Yes, the yard was MT, but the lack of a "train too slow" kinda made me wonder whether ED-9 had worked Gardner. Retain the image of the MT yard for later. The Sameolesameole Ledger entries continued to be the apparently undiminshed tie stack between the House and MART fence and -- at 0350 and for the continuing reasons -- the lack of visibility of the EB staggers for Derby.
The EB trip was silent running, and at 0330, the 333 WLs were dark. Further E, the EB staggers for 330 would be at Approach, but all else up to and including the FG WLs dark, and at 0344, KCIR 5966 was dark, solo, and W-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, covered hoppers on the W end of East Side.
At 0347, D-3 answered and rogered somebody, and 2 later, there was Boston West hash.
0351 was the start of a broken-to-me 241 to ED-8 with NS 6957 for 2 W at CPF AY, the start of an East Wye shove, given later receptions. Gardner had been MT and ED-8 was already E, so dunno if there was naught for the P&W today or if there would be an FI-3.
At 0409, D-3 renewed contact with ED-8, asking if they would be coming out with the racks on the Thorofare and next asking about the cause of the delay, rogering whatever the response was, and next asking if they'd be shoving back to the trash on the Camp, another roger to follow.
The balance until 0415 was silence.
  by jaymac

0235-0440/06-13-2022 was -- as will be seen -- Tied-Down Time. Things were quiet until 0259 and some Yard-Channel hash, D-3 IDable at the end, but that coulda been on Channel 1 or 2.
At 0306, the 333 WLs were at Stop with naught visible E or W, and D-3 called out to M426 -- more about whom later -- giving out time-effective 0307 Form D G301 for Burncoat to MP X25. Other deets got lost as I was reorienting my car, showing just how fickle reception can be in the 333 area.. There was neither noise nor illumination either E or W, so I started W, and at 3344, the ELs and ! WB stagger were all at S, stopped racks sitting on 1.
Over at 335, the ELs and WLs were also solid red, dark NS 6950 and however many trailers plus more racks to the E. No idea what alphanumerics might be apt.
Radio silence persisted, and up Da Hill, the 345s were dark. 4 in the yard was pretty much FP- FP with general. A string of company gons sat on the E with a mix of covered hoppers and unplacarded and LPG tanks plus whatever else. Irony of the day was an AOK box sitting solo on the Extension, typically the sin bin for set-outs.
Just before the 0346 viewing of the still-all-Stops 333 WLs, a sometimes-breaking D-3 reached out to FI-2 to confirm the #2 switch -- presumably for Arrowhead -- was lined and locked normal, next giving FI-2 with the 5966 permission to reverse direction and head W to CPF AY.
Further E, the EB staggers for 330 showed an Approach for 1 and Stop for 2. The 330.8 WBs were at Stop, the 330 WLs showing a Slow Approach for 1 and a Stop for 2. Couldn't see what was W but 2 had standing racks at the Bike Shop/Zeda's, and dark à la elephants NSs 6955 and 4434 plus pumpkin BNSF 4610 sat across from the platform canopy. The normal guess would be an ED-8, but hoonose?
The GL and FG WLs were dark, the post-FI-2 radio silence still in effect, and at 0404, the FI-1/2 parking spot was understandably MT, a coupla covered hoppers visible on the W end of East Side. No changes meant that -- 6 later -- there was no line of sight to the EB staggers for Derby.
0417, 0418, and 0426 would provide breakage of radio silence, but only hash from -- in sequence -- AMTK, CSXT, and the P&W Dispatcher.
There was mebbe a 30 second spell of Yard-Channel hash at 0434, but a clear Yard-Channel "3-step, 426" at 0436. There was naught further as of the end of the 0440 end of listening, but guessing mebbe a DPU was being set off at Greendale, since getting into Hill Yard in under 1-1/2 hours would qualify as miraculous. Naught further heard from 426 and naught at all from 427, ditto AY-3.
  by jaymac

0240-0440/06-16-2022 started off a tad slow, garble -- PVRR frequency automated Morse -- not coming until 0234. 6 later, D-3 answered M426, rogering whatever they said, a suggestion that the ~0100 XNG noise I'd heard wasn't in dream state.
0247 would start a spell of occasional Yard-Channel hash, the only clarity being an unattributable "far enough." At 0302, the 333 WLs were dark, the Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s getting company from the continuation while in range of hash on the Yard Channel.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 was pretty much FP-FP with tanks -- ADMX and LPG among themore visible -- and covered hoppers. On the E, there were clear-tented centerbeams plus 6 NS mini-bulkheads that had either stick rail or structural steel. The E end of 2 had another clear tented centerbeam and 2 more NS mini-bulk loads. The Extension's AOK box of 06-13 had moved on, but not so for the tie stack.
EB at 0327 and 0328 and from a normally clear spot, a garbled D-3 answered somebody x2. Dunno what antenna mighta been used.
At 0336, the 333 WLs were dark, and there was garble on the channel for work inside San-Vel. Coulda been ED-8 or 9 since either coulda got a mention later on.
Further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach, and while the 330.8 WBs and GL WLs were dark, the 330 WLs and ELs were solid red, 22K's marker on 2 across from the canopy. The FG WLs were at Stop, also, and dark NS 6952 plus 2 unIDable trailers sat a bit east of the Credit Union.
At 0344 and in the depths of the Kimball Street Zombie Zone, a breaking D-3 had called out to AY-3, an event not repeated, at least to me. At 0351, it was the Summer Street ZombieZone's turn when D03 breakage x2 went out to a Foreman, probably of TC T954, as later recepetions would go to.
0353 would be when the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT, ditto the W end of East Side. 6 later there would be no view of the ENB staggers for Derby for the usual reasons.
At 0357, there had been Dispatcher-side hash, but clarity -- at least for me -- would return at 0417 when D-3 called out to TC T954, next saying he was answering TC T954, This would lead to the acknowledgment that the TC was E and clear of CPF WL and off the Main, producing a 0418 fulfillment of Form D G302.
At 0420, a distorting D-3 answered ED-?, next giving NS 6954 permission to enter the #2 at Moores and proceed E.
At 0427, a somewhat more clear D-3 answered M427, fulfilling whatever M426's Form D was and next issuing Form D G303 to CSXT 407 for MP X25 to Burncoat. D-3 would next ask if 427 had copied and then repeated Form D G303, changing the leader to 487. The time effective was 0426. The train info was garble to me except for 23 MTs, even D-3 asking for a repeat on tonnage. If 427 was getting 426's fulfillment and then 427's order, it would seem that426/7 might still be doing a power swap at Hill Yard. Dunno.
0429 produced "ED-8, 1 more," but no more through the end of 0430 end of listening.
If anyone wants to recycle any of my earlier comms rants. feel free.
  by jwhite07

Non-radio or visual, but audible to me extensions to the above reports were my hearing M427 sounding the horn for Shrewsbury Street, West Boylston at ~0630ish, and later about ~0930ish hearing M426 in the background while engaged in a cell phone conversation with a friend who was in the vicinity of the wye in North Chelmsford.
  by neman2

jaymac wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:33 am
At 0427, a somewhat more clear D-3 answered M427, fulfilling whatever M426's Form D was and next issuing Form D G303 to CSXT 407 for MP X25 to Burncoat. D-3 would next ask if 427 had copied and then repeated Form D G303, changing the leader to 487. The time effective was 0426. The train info was garble to me except for 23 MTs, even D-3 asking for a repeat on tonnage. If 427 was getting 426's fulfillment and then 427's order, it would seem that426/7 might still be doing a power swap at Hill Yard. Dunno.
I don't know if this helps clarify but a photo by Hayden Logan on the NERAIL New England Photo Archive shows M427 passing through Newton Jct. NH on 6/15 with 487 as the leader.
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ex=1&key2=
  by jaymac

neman2-
Tnx -- 426's D had to be fulfilled before 427 could get the track.
  by neman2

Mr. Jaymac, tonight I took the time to document a communication snafu you may appreciate, I have heard some others like these before but I could not tabulate. I always thought the duplex (separate receive and transmit frequencies )was a recipe for chaos .
At 21:26 6/18 D3 gave a form D to M426 CSXT 488 Burncoat to MPX 25. About the same time D2 trying to contact M427 CSXT 482. No answer. At 21:42 M427 CSXT 482 calling signal loud and clear to me on 161.52 MHZ for CPF 312 . D3 trying to reach M427 at 21:45 on 161.16 ,no answer. At 21:48 and continuing on and on to repeated attempts by D3 to contact M427 on 161.16 different antennas . M427 repeatedly calling on 161.52 both sides loud and clear to me, but obviously the train is not receiving or they are not on the right frequency . At 21:55 M427 calls signal at CPF WL on 161.52. D3 obviously hearing M427 continues to try to contact M427 on 161.16 without response. At 22:11 hours I am done listening, nothing further heard.
  by jaymac

neman2-
Tnx for the additional confirmation. So much of effective propagation/reception is determined by antenna siting/elevation and topography. Add in the variable of varied levels of maintenance for both base and mobile sources, and things get really complicated, although one would hope that CSXT maintenance standards surpass those of PAR/S.
Mebbe I'm being nostalgic, but reception did seem better in pre-Timmy times. If not, there was back-up in the form of staffed towers with radios and wayside company telephones, both of which are memories.
With GRS/GTI/PAR/PAS sliding into memory, mebbe spotty comms will also. I do try to be an optimist.
  by jaymac

0230-0435/06-20-2022 was not without a big surprise. Things were quiet until 0239 and the hashed automated Morse ID on the PVRR frequency, quiet resuming until the 0237 occasional Yard-Channel hash that would allow only a "drop the 3" into intelligibility.
The Yard Channel would resume its hash at 0256, but only for a few, the 333 WLs being dark at 0301 and the usual pattern of Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s, all to radio silence.
A lot of the way WB up Da Hill and at 0310, there was CSXT hash. The 345s would be all be at Stop, and the yard was MT, so a trip WB was started to see the source of the shunting.. Things were MT at LaChance Furniture and the Wilkins Road dogleg. A whole buncha P&W receptions -- primarily Yard Channel, but also an announcement that the "system is working" -- started. Was this some just-before-Summer-Solstice-atmospherics enhancement of propagation? At 0326, the 346 WL was also at Stop, no power visible E or WB power noise audible W, so it was back to the yard, where dimmed and unIDable power was standing WB in back of the Pratt buildings and general stretched E. Yes, the P&W Switcher was working Gardner, but predawn. WOGR had probably been under or a little S of the Rte. 2 OHB when I had been on it. There were discussion about about covering the 4/2 switch and length, the visible general being covered hoppers, LPG tanks, and MT centerbeams. Also visible was the P&W C walking W with full visi gear and a personal headlight that included a personal and flashing red marker. They were gonna be there longer than I cared to be so I was EB. No idea if P&W operational patterns are changing or if this mebbe had been a 1-off accommodation for Dads Day. Also no idea how the 345s had been at Stop when the P&W wasn't yet even in the yard. Also dunno if there'd be an EB PAS soon or if the GRWO would be light power.
EB, the P&W choreography would occupy the airwaves until distance and topography prevailed. At 0348, the 333 WLs were dark, and later the EB staggers at Approach and all else up to and including the FG WLs dark. Furthering the darkness theme was dark, solo, and W-facing KCIR 5973, the W end of East Side MT at 0401.
0402 was when a breaking D-3 confirmed that ?? had lined and locked for normal movement on the #2, and 2 after that, there was ?'s hashed car countdowns, followed in another 2 by no view of the EB staggers for Derby, things unchanged on the RVJ stub and along Nashua Street.
There wasn't even hash getting to me until 0420 and that from Boston West. At 0425, D-3 called out to AY-3, OKd them on signal indication, asked if they had 29 cars, acknowledged that it was 37, asked their engine number, and OKd them to proceed. Naught else -- inculding anything to, from, or about M426/7 -- until the end of 0435 end of listening.
  by jaymac

0225-0420/06-22-2022 featured a surplus of hash eruptions, most so short that it was impossible to ID the source.
Partial clarity would come at 0252 with the automated Morse ID on the PVRR frequency. 4 later, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops on the 334 ELs and darkness on the 1 WB stagger and 335s following with radio silence.WB up Da Hill, there was 0303 Dispatcher-side hash, Yard-Channel following that, and only "427" -- more about whom later -- following that. At 0310, D-3 called out to M426 -- six -- and OKd and thanked them for whatever the response was.
The 345 ELs were at Stop with DS trash on the 2 at the Timpany Boulevard UGB and however far W. Sitting also on 2 and facing a Medium Clear were dark KCIRs 7627 and 7536 plus NewBlue7542, followed by Brand X scrap gons, so guessing an ED-8 or FI-3. From the E FP, 4 in the yard had covered hoppers and coil cars plus whatever else was blocked from view by the EB. Unblocked was the apparently undiminished tie pile between the House and MART fence.
With EB radio silence, the 333 WLs were dark at 0326, and further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach.
Post a marginally-less-expensive refueling stop, all signals between the 330.8 WBs and FGs were dark.
At 0345, D-3 answered somebody calling with no immediate developments getting outta my speaker. That was the same time that dark, solo, and W-facing KCIR 5973 sat in the West-side FI-1/2 parking spot, and the W end of East Side was MT.
Hash resumed, but only the 0349 AMTK was IDable. 3 later, there was no view of the EB staggers for Derby for the usual reasons.
The hash cleared enough to allow the unattributable car countdown of "22 to go" at 0357 and "6 more cars" at 0359.
At 0400 there was a breaking possible D-2 repetition of an update concerning dangerous.
0402 was when D-3 called out to M427, then asked them to stand by just a minute, and next asked if the 471 was their leader. Now came time-effective 0403 Form D G302 to CSXT 471 for MP X25 to MP X24, meaning 427 had headroom and would be in Ayer for a bit. Only hash-- eventually upgrading to garble -- would follow up to the end of 0420 end of listening.
Wonder how long Form D Gwhatevers will last...
  by jaymac

0225-0420/06-24-2022 started off slow, 0233, 0235, and 0238 hash from P&W Road, P&W Yard, and AMTK in sequence.
At 0239, there was company garble -- thanks to the relative position of Mount Wachusett -- when D-3 reached out to AY-3, more about whom later.
Radio silence would settle in, and at 0257, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops on the 334 ELs and darkness on the 1 WB stagger and 335s at the usual intervals. Radio silence WB got broken at 0307 with NECR hash, but naught else.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, the yard MT, and the Sameolesameole Ledger entries continued to be the apparently undiminished t\ie stack between the House and the MART fence and -- at 0346 -- the still-obscured EB staggers for Derby.
EB and at 0317, there was word hash on the PVRR frequency, mebbe a public safety encroachment. 2 later there was Road-side hash, but probably not from public safety, given later receptions.
At 0323, the 333 WLs were dark, and further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach, all else up to and including the GL WLs dark.
At 0331, there had been more Road-side hash, and a couple later when I was sitting at the lights for the Water Street OHB, AY-3 reached out to D-3 and advised they were lined, locked, and cherked normal. Remarkable propagation from the Milling or even West Main Street, right? Wrong, D-3 acknowledged that they were OK on the #2 at OX and could continue E, the AY-3 E stating the C would be walking back first. So many ?s. Had AY-3 brought MTs W? Was it Spagna oil or part of an LGT heading E? Was joint-venture business moved W from Hill Yard/West Main Street? Dunno, but somebody should.
The FG WLs were at Stop, AY-3 on the 2 to the E. At 0340, KCIR 5973 sat dark, solo, an W-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, the W end of East Side looking MT. The view problems for the EB staggers for Derby have already been mentioned, but no line of sight meant no indication of AY-3's EB progress.
Radio silence -- strange given later receptions -- was maintained until 0407 when M426 garbled something on Road side.D-3's sometimes-breaking response asked for a confirmation of the loads number, 25x32 being what he had. He OKd them onto the property, said something broken about New Bond, and then asked for and rogered without repeating the power lineup. Yard Channel activity would now start, broken car countdowns at first that cleared at 0415 to "427 (seven), OK to start back for 30." The countdowns would continue until the end of the 0420 end of listening, naught further about 426 being heard until 0513, 0521, and 0531 XNG noise for Burncoat, X6.0, and X7.8.
  by jaymac

0225-0420/06-28-2022 did have some interest to it, but not at the start, automated Morse ID on the PVRR frequency at 0229 and hash to follow -- Boston E at 0234, AMTK at 0243, and -- at last -- Yard Channel at 0254.
At 0255, the 333 WLs showed Stops for the 1 and 2 and a Medium Clear for the Controlled Siding. There was neither sound nor light from either direction, and over at 334, the WLs and 1 WB stagger were solid red, naught visible on the 1. Over at 335, the ELs were at Stop, as was the Single WL, the Controlled Siding at Restricting. A bit E of the EL sat dark UndeterminablePaintScheme 7605 and probably 2 trailers trailed by general. The WB mighta been supplying the shunting, but it did seem early for 400's route to be in. It wasn't, as subsequent events will show.
A bit further W, there was 0307 garble involving 22K, followed in a few by the same for Q427, more about both to follow.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark and the yard MT, meaning the 335 WB's recrew seemed to have drawn the long straw for a quick trip. The ties? No apparent change.
EB, but W of the Rte. 2 crest and starting at 0324, there was an exchange of Dispatcher-side and Road-side hash starting at 0324, "effective" and "give me a call clear of Slab City" being clear. In another few, the 333 WLs were now solid red, hinting there had been an EB off the Controlled Siding, more about that possibility later.
Further E, the EB staggers for 330 showed an Approach for 1 and Stop for 2, The 330.8 WBs were dark, but the 330 WLs at Stop with occupied wells at visible by the Bike Shop/Zeda's. At the station platform, more 22K cars sat on 2, extending E and outta sight. The GL WLs were dark, but the 330 ELs were all at Stop.
There was some sparse hash on the way E to the FG WLs where dark NS 6965 with trailers sat between the Credit Union and gym. There was a (see below), but in the PTC era, the Wizard of Wyeing wouldn't work any wonders for photographers of 23K.
At 0249, KCIR 5973 sat dark, solo, and W-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, the W end of East Side MT, and 4 later, TC T954 called out to D-3. 1 later, there was no view of the EB staggers for Derby, the usual reasons unchanged. A breaking D-3 nexrt asked the T954 if he was E and clear of FG, the response and roger unheard.
At 0401, Q427 reached out to D-3, any further immediate developments lost by my increasing distance from 427 and the bulk of Mount Wachusett then being between the Paxton antenna and mine.
There'd be a few unattributable hisses until 0419 when D-3 reached out to TC T954 to confirm he was E and clear of CPF Derby, rogering the response. The 0255 lights at 333 and later Restricting on the 335 Controlled Siding WL plus at least some of the hash were probably related to the 954.
AY-3 or AY-4? Naught got to me by the end of 0420 end of listening.

Edited for correction -- Per Bob Sprague's http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=270184. of 06-28, 3rd unit was a UP.