• Expansion to double size of North Station by November(2006)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC 1116

Ron Newman wrote:I'd hope we get something higher quality than either McD's or DD. South Station is a good example to follow.
I dont' mind DD for the morning coffee/donuts, but as far as the meals go, I agree South Station has quite the choice of places to eat. I hope N Staiton follows the example

by sjd0356

I heard through the grapevine here at North Station that McDonald's is going to expand to a full service location like South Stations.

by sery2831

There is a press release online about the grand opening...

http://www.mbta.com/about_the_mbta/news ... nth=&year=

by Ron Newman

A newsstand is now under construction in the new North Station lobby. I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it hides the view of the Departures screen if you're sitting in the west part of the lobby.

by Ricky Smith

I hate having to cross the street to get to the subway, almost got hit a few weeks ago. But I'm glad to be moving to Boston in 2 days so I wont have to go to the commuter rail every day.

by subwayguide

I hate having to cross the street to get to the subway, almost got hit a few weeks ago. But I'm glad to be moving to Boston in 2 days so I wont have to go to the commuter rail every day.
Are you talking about North Station? Passengers going between North Station and the subway don't need to cross any streets. There's an entrance to the subway station right outside the east-side doors of the commuter rail station; this subway entrance leads to a pedestrian passage under Causeway Street into the subway station lobby.

by Ron Newman

Why are you crossing the street to get to the North Station subway?

by Ricky Smith

When I get off I go left out the front doors (not by McDonalds), then take a right follow that, mmm wait a second now that I remember. (This is what I get for posting at 3 AM yesterday)

The time I got off and had to cross the street was cause I didn't go down far enough when getting off the green line so I came up before the street. So I don't have to cross the street.

by Ron Newman

The pedestrian tunnel under Causeway Street opened about two years ago. Before that, you did have to cross the street.

by paulrail

Maybe "Clarks" Restraunt in South Station will open a new second restraunt in North Station! They have good food and great cold beer!! :wink:

by paulrail

Talking about food and drink, how many remember "The Club Car" at South Station and "The Iron Horse" at North Station ? Wow, what memories! :-)

by Ron Newman

I don't think there's room for a full-size restaurarnt and bar in the new lobby, but another vendor or two would be nice. Right now there's also a shoe-shine guy and a tiny little Quizno's booth.

I do remember the old restaurant at the old North Station, but thought it had a different name.

by sjd0356

There's supposed to be an ice cream stand, Pizza shop, deli, and an arcade. Dunkin Donuts is supposed to move into the middle of the station as well and McDonald's is supposed to be expanded into a full service one.

by danib62

Cool. When is the new digital solari board supposed to arrive?

by Ron Newman

By 'arcade' do you mean video games?