Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by ST214

Wanted to know. Wondering if after the ACMU trip, they would be running, and i might ride one.

by DutchRailnut

yes there are 104 M-7's in service and yes they work on weekends

by 9C1LT1

Seen one seem them all, samething with riding them... I get them ALOT on the LIRR. The M-3s get the job done without all the bells and whistles. (and better seats!) I wish they could shut off the anouncement man, 3 times for one station. I heard ya first time!
-Barry

by njtmnrrbuff

M7s are now becoming a common sight all over MN all times everyday. In fact, now that so many of them are on MTA property, I think there should be more trains operating above NWP.

by dc700

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:M7s are now becoming a common sight all over MN all times everyday. In fact, now that so many of them are on MTA property, I think there should be more trains operating above NWP.
The 5:01pm Harlem line out of GCT is now generally an M7 train.

Which has the honor of being the first M7 I have seen with a malfunction.
Car 4071 ( acting at the head ) had NO LED display and no auto-voice.

by Terminal Proceed

That wasn't necessarily a malfunction. It is the conductor's perogative to use the Automated Station Announcement system. It is not required. If the ASI is not set to make the auto announcements there will be no LED display either.

Conductors may, at their discretion, make verbal annoucements instead.

by dc700

Terminal Proceed wrote:That wasn't necessarily a malfunction. It is the conductor's perogative to use the Automated Station Announcement system. It is not required. If the ASI is not set to make the auto announcements there will be no LED display either.

Conductors may, at their discretion, make verbal annoucements instead.
Good I like it that way.