• Delivery and revenue service status of Silverliner V cars

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ACeInTheHole

jslader wrote:
beanbag wrote:Did the 881-882 pair get finished up yet?
I saw the married pair still at the plant on Thursday. Didn't see them out Friday, and normally they run the track in the days leading up to their release. If I see them again I will try to take a pic.

TransitChuck, if you click on the photo it should expand, and you will see the cars.
Geez... Septa must be pissed. I think between managing to tick off both the MBTA and SEPTA with how far behind on deliveries theyve been I hope Hyundai will learn to get their things together in a railcar production standpoint.
  by TransitChuckG675

jslader wrote:End of an Order: The journey begins.....
I'm thrilled!:) A little more than 3 years since car 701 was received.
  by BuddCar711

TransitChuckG675 wrote:I'm thrilled!:) A little more than 3 years since car 701 was received.
Didn't the G.E. Silverliner IV take 3 years to complete?
  by Silverliner II

BuddCar711 wrote:
TransitChuckG675 wrote:I'm thrilled!:) A little more than 3 years since car 701 was received.
Deliveries of the IV's may have been between 1973 and 1976, but as far as history goes, I have only ever read about the St. Louis Silverliner III's as being late on delivery; a bit over a year late.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Silverliner II wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:
Deliveries of the IV's may have been between 1973 and 1976, but as far as history goes, I have only ever read about the St. Louis Silverliner III's as being late on delivery; a bit over a year late.
The GEs were delivered beginning late 1973 (RDG single units) and the last cars were the RDG paired units, many which did not arrive until after Conrail.
  by Malvern Metroliner

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:
The GEs were delivered beginning late 1973 (RDG single units) and the last cars were the RDG paired units, many which did not arrive until after Conrail.
In these piece they say the IVs were first run on May 6th (1973, I assume), and were due by summer 1975. Read more about their 'new features' in these article scans.

Image Image
  by Silverliner II

Malvern Metroliner wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:
In these piece they say the IVs were first run on May 6th (1973, I assume), and were due by summer 1975. Read more about their 'new features' in these article scans.

Image Image
1975 would have been right for those first 144, but the remaining 88 cars (the Reading married pairs) made their arrival in late 1975 through 1976, with most of that bunch arriving after the Conrail takeover.
  by R36 Combine Coach

May 1974 would be the correct date. The PC Post (June/July 1974) mentions the new cars.
  by Clearfield

Word I got is that the last 2 cars get delivered to the property today. Anyone hear anything else?
  by ant6n

So SEPTA should have many more cars then at the time when they retired the silverliner II/IIIs, what are they going to do with the new capacity?
  by Clearfield

ant6n wrote:So SEPTA should have many more cars then at the time when they retired the silverliner II/IIIs, what are they going to do with the new capacity?
SEPTA will have record capacity. Believe it or not, the excess capacity is getting used up! Meantime, a lot less passengers standing.