• Delivery and revenue service status of Silverliner V cars

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by gregorygrice

TransitChuckG675 wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:Is 738 still at Hyundai? I haven't been down there yet.
I'm at a loss as to where #738 is. Also, when is married pair 881/82 going to be finished and delivered?
Septa should tell us when this almost 3 year order is complete. I mean, really. :)
The cars (last pair) should be finished by the end of this month. Delivery depends on CSX.
  by Silverliner II

gregorygrice wrote:
TransitChuckG675 wrote:
I'm at a loss as to where #738 is. Also, when is married pair 881/82 going to be finished and delivered?
Septa should tell us when this almost 3 year order is complete. I mean, really. :)
The cars (last pair) should be finished by the end of this month. Delivery depends on CSX.
All three cars are still down there, and yep, according to a December Inky article, they should be done by the end of the month/early March, provided all the missing parts they were waiting on arrive in a timely fashion. At least 738 is more ready than the other two, and it would not shock me if they wait to deliver all three of them at once.

By the way, a recent report I got mentions that while 117 Silverliner V's are on the property, they have 100 available for service. I saw 879-880 on a test run through North Broad on Tuesday, and counted 8 Silverliner V's at various spots inside the Overbrook facility that same day.
  by TransitChuckG675

Silverliner II wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:
TransitChuckG675 wrote:
All three cars are still down there, and yep, according to a December Inky article, they should be done by the end of the month/early March, provided all the missing parts they were waiting on arrive in a timely fashion. At least 738 is more ready than the other two, and it would not shock me if they wait to deliver all three of them at once.

By the way, a recent report I got mentions that while 117 Silverliner V's are on the property, they have 100 available for service. I saw 879-880 on a test run through North Broad on Tuesday, and counted 8 Silverliner V's at various spots inside the Overbrook facility that same day.
Thanks for the updates, it will be a good thing when Septa has all 120 cars. My buddies still haven't ridden them , yet.
  by nomis

The final single car # 738 has arrived at Woodbourne ...
  by BuddCar711

nomis wrote:The final single car # 738 has arrived at Woodbourne ...
How long does a (set of) Silverliner V(s) sit at Woodbourne? Because since they're getting down to the final cars, I want to head to Woodbourne this weekend to take some photos if 738 is still there by that time.
  by nomis

BuddCar711 wrote:
How long does a (set of) Silverliner V(s) sit at Woodbourne? Because since they're getting down to the final cars, I want to head to Woodbourne this weekend to take some photos if 738 is still there by that time.
I was surprised I didn't hear that the car was being picked up this morning ... Maybe it was, or maybe tomorrow ...
  by jslader

The last married pair was running the test track today. Here they are at rest...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by BuddCar711

Witth 881/882 on the test track, this is you FINAL opportunity to see SEPTA regional rail cars in South Philly, and that there will be no gray and little yellow on that graphic.
  by R36 Combine Coach

BuddCar711 wrote:Witth 881/882 on the test track, this is you FINAL opportunity to see SEPTA regional rail cars in South Philly, and that there will be no gray and little yellow on that graphic.
Unless they win the VI order.
  by Silverliner II

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:Witth 881/882 on the test track, this is you FINAL opportunity to see SEPTA regional rail cars in South Philly, and that there will be no gray and little yellow on that graphic.
Unless they win the VI order.
*screams in horror*
  by nomis

nomis wrote:
BuddCar711 wrote:
I was surprised I didn't hear that the car was being picked up this morning ... Maybe it was, or maybe tomorrow ...
Septa 51 is picking up the car now.
  by TransitChuckG675

jslader wrote:The last married pair was running the test track today. Here they are at rest...
I only saw a black screen for your image but I did a view image and saw the cars in the dark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by jslader

beanbag wrote:Did the 881-882 pair get finished up yet?
I saw the married pair still at the plant on Thursday. Didn't see them out Friday, and normally they run the track in the days leading up to their release. If I see them again I will try to take a pic.

TransitChuck, if you click on the photo it should expand, and you will see the cars.