• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Lots of ties being dropped off between Squankum and Oak Glen roads along with brush cleaning.

Fergusons track was cleared but only partially. From the main to about 10 maybe 20 feet back?

The siding for Dinaso Lumber in Lakewood has been removed…
  by Bracdude181

Leaving Brick Recycling at 1:57 PM

The gondola was dropped off on Bricks track, but was left just beyond the fouling point and not inside Brick Recycling. Guess the car is for loading debris from the F&S project…

The gondola is visible from the Route 33 bridge on the westbound side.
  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:03 pm Lots of ties being dropped off between Squankum and Oak Glen roads along with brush cleaning.
I did notice that a lot of the tracks through Farmingdale seem way less overgrown. Still a lot of work to do for that... Winter isn't too far, so all those weeds will probably die off.
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:03 pm Fergusons track was cleared but only partially. From the main to about 10 maybe 20 feet back?
Hm. Another customer in the making? Or maybe C&D is going to use Ferguson's switch and part of the siding to store gondolas for track work?
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:03 pm The siding for Dinaso Lumber in Lakewood has been removed…
Not shocking. Reusing that track and some of the ties will probably save C&D a decent amount of money, especially if they give it to another customer. What is the former Dinaso Lumber facility now, anyway?
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:01 pm The gondola was dropped off on Bricks track, but was left just beyond the fouling point and not inside Brick Recycling. Guess the car is for loading debris from the F&S project…
Not shocking, it's not for Brick Recycling, and they will probably be coming back shortly for it. I'm not sure if it's for the FIT - SOUS reconnection, because it's just one gondola. I think the FIT-SOUS project would need more than one, even at the start. I wouldn't be shocked if C&D left it on Brick Recycling's siding temporarily, and they will move it to Ferguson's, where it would be much closer to where the current tie and track work is going on.
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:01 pm The gondola is visible from the Route 33 bridge on the westbound side.
There is a video of it at the end of SA-31 on Facebook. This is the first time that the Southern has had a gondola in like, 4-6 years?
  by nomis

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:10 am 15 cars total. 14 for Woodhaven. I believe this is the biggest load on the Southern under C&D as of now…
Tied for 1st. Car counts shows 15 as well on 7/18 - 7/19 inbound.
  by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey First gondola since early 2019. Not sure if Ferguson plans on getting service. I personally doubt they are.
  by Blackseal Jim

Any signs of work starting on the line between Freehold and Farmingdale ?? I see the sewer work on the 524 crossing is making a mess of the ROW
  by Bracdude181

Aside from AT&T and construction markings on some roads? Nothing so far. From the looks of it, they’re going to fix up the Southern between Lakewood and Farmingdale first…
  by Bracdude181

A friend of mine just spotted another DRRV gondola car on NS 18G.

Is that car coming this way?
  by CharlieL

DOT sign at rte9 and Strickland Rd, Howell:

"SEE TRACKS
THINK TRAIN"

Usually "wipers on, lights on" or travel times.

Trying to tell us something?
  by Bracdude181

Most likely that went up because of the Lakewood locals constantly run the lights at crossings and a lot of them drive through there.