• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

@pumpers the NJTPA says 286k is allowed on both lines but the 2013 Conrail timetable says 263 is the absolute limit for the FIT and 270 is the limit for the Southern. Both lines have several bridges in poor condition. Especially the Southern. Some bridges were either partially repaired or replaced a few years back though.

In other news, BDRV 752 is still at Woodhaven. It was moved during the drill but was not used at all. Very strange…
  by Bracdude181

Sorry Joe. I’m not out today so I don’t know where they are at. The info on 752 was provided by an informant.

Furthermore I’m astronomically busy over the next few days so I might not be out Friday either.

Train today was C&D 2005 and 2 cars for Woodhaven. Northbound leg had the same engine with whatever they took out of Woodhaven.
  by Bracdude181

Joe, real quick I’ll tell you this before I have to get going. Here’s RB-1s schedule. Train usually runs like this:

For the Southbound leg:
Through Tinton Falls between 8 and 9 am

Farmingdale between 9 and 10 am

Lakewood between 10 am and 12 pm depending on how Woodhaven and the turnaround goes.

Train usually makes it back to Red Bank between 2 and 4 PM
  by JohnFromJersey

Any update on the switch that is supposed to be re-installed at the facility across from Collingswood?
  by ppbhist

I'm wondering if they made arrangements with Woodhaven to leave 752 there for switching purposes. Just a thought.....
  by Bracdude181

Woodhaven seems ok with it as long as they keep it parked near the derail. They don’t want it parked in the area where their forklifts and trucks are working.
  by GSC

Looking at it from a "maybe what if" point of view, several possible customers exist on the FIT. Nestle/Nescafe and Clayton right in Freehold, the paper recycling facility that used to be the glass factory (siding still there but switch removed), the old Asbury Park Press building, and Stavola and L&L in Howell. An upturn in business and improved rail service just might pan out someday. A big "if" for sure, but nice to dream.

While I'm still in dream mode, on the Southern, Clayton in Jackson and the old Standard Roofing in Tinton Falls both still have sidings, with switches removed, with Stavola right next to the ROW.