• CSX signal replacement across New York State

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by FarmallBob

nick_anshant wrote:
MP366 wrote:Is there a projected date for the 365 to 374 cutover? It appears that just about everything is in place...thanks!
Sunday June 29.

Nick
Nick - Will this cutover also include the automatics at 376 and 378?

It appears the new equipment set to go at both locations.

...FB
  by nick_anshant

FarmallBob wrote:
nick_anshant wrote:
MP366 wrote:Is there a projected date for the 365 to 374 cutover? It appears that just about everything is in place...thanks!
Sunday June 29.

Nick
Nick - Will this cutover also include the automatics at 376 and 378?

It appears the new equipment set to go at both locations.

...FB

No. There will be new equipment in serviced at CP 373 and the electric lock at 374. The existing INT 374 and points west will remain in service until 2015.

Nick
  by MC6853

As of roughly 2200 on 06/29/14, the bridge at the auto 365 was still standing; was able to see it in the darkness while passing through... Lights are turned/bagged and numberplates are gone, but the actual structure is still there... As for the others, both bridges at CP-367, CP-373, and the EAS at CP-369 are confirmed gone; 369 WAS likely gone by now too... I find it interesting they left the 365 bridge but took out the others... Was accessibility an issue here?
  by MP366

What you couldn't see in the dark was the crane that was parked adjacent to the 365 signal and the flatbed trailer with the counter weights on it.... :-) I imagine by now 365 is down.

WAS CP369 was one of the first to go :( And I hope somebody in the signal dept. aimed the lowest signal over track 2 on the EAS CP373. As of yesterday around noon it was aimed perfectly to give an aspect to a car parked at the end of York Street on the south side....
  by Otto Vondrak

MP366 wrote:And I hope somebody in the signal dept. aimed the lowest signal over track 2 on the EAS CP373. As of yesterday around noon it was aimed perfectly to give an aspect to a car parked at the end of York Street on the south side....
That's so railfans can get the line-up...

-otto-
  by FarmallBob

A trailer carrying what looks like the new masts/signals to replace the CP382 EAS bridge appeared at CP382 this morning:

-----

Incidentally bases for the new signals were set nearly 6 months ago on a bitter cold, mid-winter afternoon:

...FB
  by nysw136

Was up in Dewitt last week and that the new cantilever signal mast for the WAS for departure yard lead and the siding are now up along with the two main line single masts. Ought to make reading the signals a lot easier to read for crews and train watching than those dwarfs....Hopefully they will be in service soon.

Kevin M.
  by nick_anshant

nysw136 wrote:Was up in Dewitt last week and that the new cantilever signal mast for the WAS for departure yard lead and the siding are now up along with the two main line single masts. Ought to make reading the signals a lot easier to read for crews and train watching than those dwarfs....Hopefully they will be in service soon.

Kevin M.

Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

Nick
  by FarmallBob

nick_anshant wrote: Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

Nick
Ummmm Nick......I presume it's actually LABOR DAY Weekend 2014?(!)

....FB
  by nick_anshant

FarmallBob wrote:
nick_anshant wrote: Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

Nick
Ummmm Nick......I presume it's actually LABOR DAY Weekend 2014?(!)

....FB

Whoopsie! Make that Memorial Day Weekend 2015 for the remainder of Syracuse Terminal. There will be one more cutover on the Rochester in November covering up to and including CP 382.

Nick
  by Matt Langworthy

C2629 wrote:July 10, the track one eastbound signal is now mounted in place.
The track 2 eastbound signal was mounted at MP 382 sometime between Friday 7/11 and Saturday 7/19. Of all the signal bridges on CSX, I will really miss the eastbound/westbound pair at MP 382 because I have been seeing trains at the Attridge Road crossing since September of 1991.
  by FarmallBob

nick_anshant wrote: Whoopsie! Make that Memorial Day Weekend 2015 for the remainder of Syracuse Terminal. There will be one more cutover on the Rochester in November covering up to and including CP 382.

Nick
Ahhh - what I see all makes sense now Nick!

Signal hardware installs for new INT's 376 and 378 both look complete - they appear ready to be turned/aimed/cut over.

Meanwhile work has been underway the past several weeks for new signals at CP 380 and 382. The instrument sheds are being set/wired. Mast-mounted signals @382 (the EAS for both tracks on the main, and the WAS for the Westshore) are in place. The WAS cantilever (will span tracks 1, 2 and I presume the signaled siding) has yet to show up however.

...FB
  by SST

I noticed what I think are newly installed lights along the line between Townline Rd and the Erie County Correctional Facility [Wende] in Lancaster. I don't know the MP. I saw it from Walden Ave. They are to the east of the original lighting by a few hundred feet or so. I would have needed a good camera with a zoom to get pictures which I don't have.

If anybody is out that way, Townline Rd is probably the best option for a long range photo.
  by MC6853

As of Thursday, September 18, the new signals at auto 376 (Pixley Road) have been turned parallel to the tracks and are covered... Is the projected cutover date for 374-382 drawing near?