• CSX River Line Status Updates

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Plate C

waldwickrailfan wrote:This just started a few weeks ago out of the blue, unfortunatly it's been invaded :( hopefully this crowd leaves or changes their act soon
Just so I am clear on this, people are throwing things at trains? I assume not at engines as they would get called in. Is the trespassing stepping off the platform onto the ROW, or does it go beyond that? I won't be around there for a week or 2 but would likely have to say something if I see any of that. Never seen any of that before, so maybe it will resolve itself before then.
  by Steve F45

taurus876 wrote:CSX must be replacing the railroad ties in Northvale. CSX dropped off approx. 15 ties every 20 feet for over a mile.

I caught the work train leaving the site. It is a short clip (20 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyEz0ZRIcs

I, also, put a clip of the abandoned railroad siding for Camp Shanks in Orangeburg New York. I believe this is the only thing left of the WWII camp. This is about half of a mile north of Northvale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtaVZuMZ_M
The entire riverline in nj is getting a major tie overhaul. Ties are spread out every 20 feet all the way into Dumont and even further south.

As for those kids, they are the same kids that cause problems in Bound Brook and the same kids on facebook who think they know everything about trains in nj even more then the employee's. Its pathetic.
  by Plate C

Hmm. Only heard of this, never seen that at BB either. Very curious as to who these people are, will keep an eye out.
  by waldwickrailfan

Plate C wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:This just started a few weeks ago out of the blue, unfortunatly it's been invaded :( hopefully this crowd leaves or changes their act soon
Just so I am clear on this, people are throwing things at trains? I assume not at engines as they would get called in. Is the trespassing stepping off the platform onto the ROW, or does it go beyond that? I won't be around there for a week or 2 but would likely have to say something if I see any of that. Never seen any of that before, so maybe it will resolve itself before then.
Yes, people are throwing things at trains, mainly in the cars but one person did throw a rock at an engine. The owners of the station own it 8 feet out, so you can go off the platform for a shot. Hopefully it resolves itself soon.
  by waldwickrailfan

Steve F45 wrote:
taurus876 wrote:CSX must be replacing the railroad ties in Northvale. CSX dropped off approx. 15 ties every 20 feet for over a mile.

I caught the work train leaving the site. It is a short clip (20 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyEz0ZRIcs

I, also, put a clip of the abandoned railroad siding for Camp Shanks in Orangeburg New York. I believe this is the only thing left of the WWII camp. This is about half of a mile north of Northvale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtaVZuMZ_M
The entire riverline in nj is getting a major tie overhaul. Ties are spread out every 20 feet all the way into Dumont and even further south.

As for those kids, they are the same kids that cause problems in Bound Brook and the same kids on facebook who think they know everything about trains in nj even more then the employee's. Its pathetic.
The ties were placed starting at CP10 in Bergenfield. It's pathetic that these idiots think they know more than employees and I've heard about Bound Brook, but I havent seen anything when I go there. Hopefully this stops soon.
  by fl9m2004

This past September I went train spotting at Iona Island and didn't see much traffic
Other then 2 south bounds or west bounds
Signal maintiner came by
Was hopping to see one BNSF, CP, CN, or Union Pacific engine
Just the normal CSX 2 engines on each train
But no Sd80mac
  by airman00

I noticed some work activity on the river line today in Harrington Park NJ. There was a crane lifting something couldn't see what it was from a distance. But I did see what appeared to be several workmen in yellow safety vests all around the tracks. Anyone know what's up?
  by fl9m2004

I only go to River Line in September
Sorry don't know
Anyone else know
  by waldwickrailfan

fl9m2004 wrote:This past September I went train spotting at Iona Island and didn't see much traffic
Other then 2 south bounds or west bounds
Signal maintiner came by
Was hopping to see one BNSF, CP, CN, or Union Pacific engine
Just the normal CSX 2 engines on each train
But no Sd80mac
You can't always expect foreign power on the River Line, i go weekly and don't see much often, then theres that one day with everything foreign lol
  by waldwickrailfan

airman00 wrote:I noticed some work activity on the river line today in Harrington Park NJ. There was a crane lifting something couldn't see what it was from a distance. But I did see what appeared to be several workmen in yellow safety vests all around the tracks. Anyone know what's up?
Major Tie replacement between CP10 and CP22
  by fl9m2004

Any detours through there
A remember only seeing one Union Pacific engine
Don't remember number
But it was leading
3 CSX engines where trailing
  by airman00

waldwickrailfan wrote:
airman00 wrote:I noticed some work activity on the river line today in Harrington Park NJ. There was a crane lifting something couldn't see what it was from a distance. But I did see what appeared to be several workmen in yellow safety vests all around the tracks. Anyone know what's up?
Major Tie replacement between CP10 and CP22

Yes, but you wouldn't need a large crane for tie replacement.
  by fl9m2004

That's true
  by Steve F45

you would need a crane to lift a large section of panel track at a railroad crossing thats getting rebuilt ;)
  by airman00

Well yes that's also true. Didn't think of that. :)