• CSX Detectors in Upstate NY Without CR Voice

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lakeshoredave

Lancaster
Bayview
Irving
Wheatfield

all are without the Conrail voice

REACT TO ME....what other detectors still have CR and what don't? IIIIIIIIIIIIII want to hear from a railfan along the ex New York Central. ROCHESTER! ERIE! HERKIMER! UTICA! SELKIRK!

GOOD NIGHT NOW!

by NS/CSX Pittsburgh Fan

While visiting my dads friends trailer along Lake Erie just inside the New York border, theres an old Conrail detector in Ripley New York i could hear on channel 160.860 on my scanner i brought along for the trip, it was on CSX. This was back in September so idk if things have changed since then.

by gprimr1

I remember hearing one of the new detectors on the Maple Leaf. It's much less pleasing to hear "CSX Equipment Defect Detector MP XX.XX" than "Conrail Elmira New York"

by charlie6017

Okay, heading east from Batavia
Batavia--new style CSX detector
Churchville--old style, but doesn't say Conrail
Coldwater--same as Churchville
Brighton and East Palmyra--ditto

On the West Shore branch the Pittsford detector is the old style
but I don't think it says Conrail, either.

by CSX-Dan5377

You Know, lakeshoredave or anyone I have a recording of the Conrail Churchville detector on my phone, If I can get it off I'd be happy to send it to anyone. Just let me know, It makes a great ringtone as well lol :P

by Conrail Cleveland East

Rilpey,NY, has also fallen.

by Conrail4evr

As of a few days ago, Coldwater was still saying Conrail. It's one of the later Conrail detectors (the "TRAAAAAAAIN SPEED" ones). As has been stated before, these transmissions are supposed to identify the railroad, so I doubt they'll stay this way for long (they may just throw CSX in the front and call it good enough).

by roadster

Centerport detector @ CP 313, Port Byron, NY, still annouces "Conrail", but recent victims Savannah, and Memphis, lead me to think that it is short lived.

by Railjunkie

All detectors on the Mohawk sub have been changed kinda weird just hearing the name of the detector.

by amoreho1

any one have any recordings

by charlie6017

amoreho1 wrote:any one have any recordings
Look 5 posts above yours!

by roadster

I was suprised tonight to hear syracuse detector MP 293 say "Conrail", Centerport also is still unchanged.

by Amtrak700

Add Tivoli, NY MP 99 on the Hudson Division to the fallen flag detector list...

by lakeshoredave

Picked up Wheatfield from the Lakeshore side of Buffalo last night, and that one is a goner!

by Cameo

add guy park, fort plain, and little falls. i don't know about scotia, and VO still is untouched on track 2. somebody on an OCS must have gotten quite the bug up their backside.