• CSX Detectors in Upstate NY Without CR Voice

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by railman616

I made my first trip in 3 months back to Selkirk on the B&A and all the detector that had CONRAIL in the open greeting on been surpressed. Its is a little disconcerning not to hear the proper greeting. Just one more thing to remind us that they brought us.
Regards,
Railman

by CSX-Dan5377

Coldwater is down and the Dispatcher has been giving EC-1's all morning, looks like that is next on the hit list

by scharnhorst

roadster wrote:I was suprised tonight to hear syracuse detector MP 293 say "Conrail", Centerport also is still unchanged.
There are some days that Centerport dose not say "Conrail" and outher days it dose. There was a short time when it read out Conrail on one track but not the outher.

by Conrail4evr

Centerport was taken out of service earlier today as well. Looks like the last few left in the area are going to fall.

by clearblock

CSX-Dan5377 wrote:Coldwater is down and the Dispatcher has been giving EC-1's all morning, looks like that is next on the hit list
Coldwater is back in service and still says Conrail. I suspect the detectors out of service yesterday were just due to the usual problems with blowing snow.

by CSX Conductor

railman616 wrote:Its is a little disconcerning not to hear the proper greeting.
Well, if the message isn't heard completly, stop the train and have your conductor walk it, lol. :P
railman616 wrote:Just one more thing to remind us that they brought us.
Thanks for reminding me. :(

by Ironman

Chatham is no longer Conrail, but Canaan still is. Ashland, MA still says Conrail.

Took 'em long enough, it's been almost 10 years since the take over.

by CSX Conductor

Ironman wrote:Chatham is no longer Conrail, but Canaan still is. Ashland, MA still says Conrail.
So those are the only ones on the entire B&A that still say Con-Rail? :(

by CSX Conductor

Time to panic if you're on the Framingham Secondary and hear "Mass Coastal defect detector" on the radio while passing Medfield Jct., LOL. :P

by shacnuf62089

Centerport detector does now indeed say "CSX" instead of "Conrail"....

by NaDspr

Someone higher up on CSX made it a point to have "Conrail" deleted from all defect detectors announcements by 12/31/07, at least on the Albany Division.....I can't speak for the other divisions, maybe there too. At some point "in the near future," the automated voice will begin the radio transmission at the detectors with "CSX".

Signal people were going from detector to detector in December to comply with the directive to remove the word "Conrail."

by CSX Conductor

The whole "we bought you" mentality again. :(

by scharnhorst

One thing that comes to my mind is did or or has Norfolk Southern changed any CONRAIL detecters with in the last 10 years anyone know??

by charlie6017

scharnhorst wrote:One thing that comes to my mind is did or or has Norfolk Southern changed any CONRAIL detecters with in the last 10 years anyone know??
NS has indeed changed quite a few detectors as well.

by FarmallBob

NaDspr wrote:Someone higher up on CSX made it a point to have "Conrail" deleted from all defect detectors announcements by 12/31/07, at least on the Albany Division.....I can't speak for the other divisions, maybe there too. At some point "in the near future," the automated voice will begin the radio transmission at the detectors with "CSX".

Signal people were going from detector to detector in December to comply with the directive to remove the word "Conrail."
I guess the signal gang has yet to be 100% successful deleting the word "CONRAIL" from the Coldwater detector message. For the last couple weeks it's been announcing itself like this:

"....<click>RAIL....COLDWATER NY....TRACK <#>.....NO DEFECTS....(etc)"

...FB