• CSX B735

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by CSX Conductor

GP40-2's that I can re-call having ACSES for sure:

6233?

I think the 6227,6228, and possibly the 6241 have it too.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

B735 today came out of Zayre at about 1220 after 2152 went down track 1, the untis were 6216 leading and 6206 behind it, they had about 16 empties for the Middleboro Secondary

by CSX Conductor

Probably not all empties, Hannah Paper recycling receives empties and ships loads of paper out. LOL

Not tryig to be a smart-a$$, just educating you about your local locals. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

haha, thanks :-D i need to know all the info about my freights :-D

by Robert Paniagua

CSX Conductor,

Do any of these B735 freights go out thru the Braintree Secondary towards Holbrook/Brockton?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Robert, B735 is a local freight that operates in Mansfield and Attleboro. They operate out of Framingham and arrive in Mansfield via the Framingham secondary. There are other freights that workthe Brockton area that probably come out of the Middleboro CSx yard. I don't know any of the numbers for the freights on that line, but i am sure CSx conductor does :-D

by Robert Paniagua

Oh good, thanks, just curious to what the train numbers in the Braintree Secondary were.

Longest train I ever counted on that route was 35 cars long, nothing like the 150-car freights in the mainline.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

mainline, you mean the Boston & Albany, right? cause on the NEC mainline between Boston and New Haven, freight trains can't be that long, i read somewhere that have to be like 60 cars, no longer, im not 1005 sure though

by CSX Conductor

Robert Paniagua wrote:Oh good, thanks, just curious to what the train numbers in the Braintree Secondary were.

Longest train I ever counted on that route was 35 cars long, nothing like the 150-car freights in the mainline.
The limit for the B&A is supposed to be 120 cars on a freight train.....due to the curves and climb on the mountain........but sometimes you might see 130.......but it will be a slow ride through Middlefield Mass going up the Berkshires...

The longest van train I recall having was just over 10,000feet long, which is the length limit for van trains.

Anyways, the job that runs to Braintree is B729 out of Middleboro. As for B735, that is based out of Walpole, not Framingham. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

oh ok, but the engines come from the Framingham yard, correct?

by CSX Conductor

Nope, the cars are brought to Mansfield from Framingham by B725. The crew of B735 starts and ends their day @ Walpole (on duty @ 500AM). The power can e seen from the commuter rail station when it is parked in the yard. Until B736 uses it.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

oh ok, when does B736 start their job?

by CSX Conductor

Sunday through Thursdays @ 4:00PM.

by Robert Paniagua

mainline, you mean the Boston & Albany, right? cause on the NEC mainline between Boston and New Haven, freight trains can't be that long, i read somewhere that have to be like 60 cars, no longer, im not 1005 sure though

Yes, I do Matt. The mainline I was inquiring about was the B & A. And thanks for the correction, CSX Conductor about the Length of trains in the main route., no more than 120-30 cars, and no more than 10000 feet for TV's.

by Robert Paniagua

The limit for the B&A is supposed to be 120 cars on a freight train.....due to the curves and climb on the mountain........but sometimes you might see 130.......but it will be a slow ride through Middlefield Mass going up the Berkshires...

The longest van train I recall having was just over 10,000feet long, which is the length limit for van trains.

Anyways, the job that runs to Braintree is B729 out of Middleboro. As for B735, that is based out of Walpole, not Framingham.
:wink:

Oh ok, thanks for the correct train number, B729 from MDB, I've seen that train as recently on Monday (Dec 6th) at around 1:00PM in the Braintree Area, with two 6200-series engines and 32 cars, most of them tankers.