• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Train has stopped again. This time near the signal at Paterson Ave
  by Bracdude181

After a lengthy delay, (presumably due to rush hour on the Coast Line) SA31 is pulling up the signal in Red Bank Yard and should be getting on the Coast Line after the next two trains pass.

6:37 PM
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Middletown 7:04 pm
  by Matt Johnson

by Bracdude181

Approaching Church Running Track 7:30 PM
  by Bracdude181

Clear of the Coast Line on Church Running Track 7:44 PM
  by Bracdude181

What’s up with the Hi Cube boxcar in browns? I thought Plate F cars aren’t allowed south of Wood Interlocking?
  by JohnFromJersey

has an intermodal car ever come down the secondary? i'd imagine most likely not, but could that change with any C&D plans?
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

JohnFromJersey wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:39 pm has an intermodal car ever come down the secondary? i'd imagine most likely not, but could that change with any C&D plans?
A long time ago.

Btw the C&D plans are only rumors.
  by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey Actually, we used to have a full fledged intermodal customer on this line. Seaway Intermodal. They were next to the tracks at the Squankum Rd crossing. Now it’s a Suburban Building Products.

Conrail would drop off cars with truck trailers on them. The whole process took quite some time and they often blocked Squankum Rd for over half an hour. Once NJT put their catenary wires up, Seaway couldn’t get shipments anymore as their cars were too tall.

As for intermodal cars being allowed on NJT, I’ve heard different answers, with most of my sources saying no. There may be a workaround by placing containers on Plate C flatbed cars, but I’m not sure.

Edit: A takeover by the C&D is still a rumor at this time. We won’t know if they are taking over for sure until they file with the STB.
  by CR7876

NJTMonmouthCoastline wrote: Btw the C&D plans are only rumors.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

CR7876 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:49 am
NJTMonmouthCoastline wrote: Btw the C&D plans are only rumors.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Will see. I have my doubts
  by Bracdude181

Who started those rumors anyways? Sources told me that any sort of takeover by Chesapeake and Delaware was never confirmed, but that talks of such a thing were at least going on in Conrail management.

Who knows really,
  by Tanker1497

Wasn't me it wasn't in my vocabulary till a few pages back.(Chesapeake and Delaware)
  by Bracdude181

@Tanker1497 I know it wasn’t you, but there are people on here who work for C&D affiliate railroads. Wondering if it was one of them...