• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

The train has stopped just before Asbury Rd...
  by Bracdude181

Not sure what the sop was about but now they are taking the empty boxcar out of Extech.
  by Bracdude181

Well, they came up to Extechs switch, stopped for a bit and then went back to the train without taking the car out. Dumpster must be fouling the siding again.
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Downtown Farmingdale 8:00 PM
  by Bracdude181

Through Squankum road 8:48 PM
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Downtown Lakewood 9:01 PM
  by Bracdude181

No SA38 tonight. 31s crew will probably come back tomorrow to pick the train up.
  by GSC

Whenever the carrier, for whatever reason, can't extract a railcar from its siding, is the receiver / consignee responsible for tying up the car for, in this case, at least a week? Someone has to pay for the car being stranded and unable to be rented out to the next shipper. Is the carrier called to come get the now-empty car, or just scheduled for a routine pickup?

With just weekly service, is a car rented for just the time it is in transit and perhaps a day or two for loading/unloading time, rather than the entire time it's tied up, parked on a siding somewhere, etc.? (It shouldn't be the shipper's or the receiver's fault there is only weekly service.)

Familiar with the trucking industry and not so much with how rail tariffs are handled, I would presume shippers order a car and load it F.O.B. (Free On Board) with the receiver responsible for all charges?

The crew couldn't pick up cars from Extech before. Who pays for this if it's the receiver's fault (dumpster in the way, etc.)?
  by Bracdude181

The train isnt at Woodhaven. Anyone know where it’s at?
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

It is at Red Bank right now, waiting to get on the Coast Line. PR-19 it seems.
  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:40 pm The train isnt at Woodhaven. Anyone know where it’s at?
It went through Farmingdale at around 1:35ish.
  by Bracdude181

They didn’t drop the tank at Bel Ray...
  by Bracdude181

Also before I forget, the tracks that were dug up at Freeway warehouse have now been filled back in...
  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:18 pm Also before I forget, the tracks that were dug up at Freeway warehouse have now been filled back in...
I also drove by today it looks more like the large amount truck trafic just caved in the scaping?
  by R&DB

Tanker1497 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:41 pm
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:18 pm Also before I forget, the tracks that were dug up at Freeway warehouse have now been filled back in...
I also drove by today it looks more like the large amount truck trafic just caved in the scaping?
Freeway seems to think they own the land where the track is. Maybe the RR should put up fence along the edge of the ROW when they reconnect the FIT and SOUS?