• Company Newsletter

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by badneighbor

OK... I know the employees can't answer this one. I just saw the newest company newsletter for the NYAR, located on the company website. I can't believe what a sunny report that was. The most humorous mention was of the new engines.

I found it very unfortunate for the employees that your corporate bosses think you have new engines. The two 1200s from L&I being held together with duct tape, bubble gum, and coat hangers must be these new engines.

They apparently didnt know about the future reef that dropped dead last fall. The GP-10 isn't new either. Did I miss something? Is there a new set of engines in the yard that no one knows of?

I'm sorry, I hope that somewhere out there somebody with a desire to improve this operation will come along, and maybe you people will see some improvement.

My bosses think they are generous too, so I see this type of bull#$@t in my job too. Good Luck...

http://www.anacostia.com/pdfs/NYA0501.pdf

by DogBert

hehhehheh... nice to still see some anastasio's in the waste management business.

They should have highlighted the shop being finished rather than "new" engines.

You'd think they could at least buy a few buckets of paint for the more tired looking engines with that location rental money from them shows, movies, videos, etc.

by jayrmli

I'm sure by new they meant "new to us." Silly you! I'm sure any of the customers that receive the newsletter wouldn't know the difference either. As long as their cars are spotted, they wouldn't care if they were hauled by draft horses.

For the record, I ran the 9373 for the first time and she did work pretty good.

Also, the shop is not finished. There are contractors working on it everyday. When I see the progress of this shop building I start to believe that I actually do work for a government-controlled company.

Also, the company has had to go into its "poor and pitiful" mode because it's soon contract time for the engineers/conductors. They can't look too profitable until a contract is signed.

Jay

by badneighbor

As Maxwell Smart would say "...the old 'can't afford a raise because we're nearly broke' routine..."

It is too bad that progress is non existant. It seems obvious to us, but so many people aren't even aware frieght service exists at all around here. So much potential... wasted by so many, customers, the state, etc.