• Charter Special Train on LIRR (POC)?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by bingdude

You should approach them again. They didn't actually say GO AWAY. I also think you'd have had better luck on the Greenport branch, as almost nothing runs on it on the weekends.

by de402

"I also think you'd have had better luck on the Greenport branch, as almost nothing runs on it on the weekends"

hah, hah - two trains a day is pretty much nothing

by jhdeasy

bingdude wrote:You should approach them again. They didn't actually say GO AWAY. I also think you'd have had better luck on the Greenport branch, as almost nothing runs on it on the weekends.

GO AWAY was implied in their response. I have more profitable uses of my time than attempting to persuade unwilling bureaucrats to change their minds.

The client wanted to go out to Montauk and back; he had no interest in Greenport or any other line.

by bluebelly

bingdude wrote:You should approach them again. They didn't actually say GO AWAY. I also think you'd have had better luck on the Greenport branch, as almost nothing runs on it on the weekends.
Why should he approach them again when MNRR seems to be so much more more willing to accomodate him,I wouldn't. It is really a shame that the LIRR is so unreceptive.

by Fla East Coast Chris

Hi,
They may be concerned with one major thing..
OTP Their precious On Time Performance.
God forbid there is a train delayed because of this. They would want to hang everyone. Their one line always upstairs. I don't want to take a delay on this train. LOL
Chris

by Fla East Coast Chris

Jack,
Thank you for posting those!!
Very nice pictures.
" A survivor in the Sun"
Chris

by Fla East Coast Chris

Jack,
Thank you for posting those!!
Very nice pictures.
" A survivor in the Sun"