• C32-8

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by scottychaos

yeah, amazingly the sun does sometime shine around here!
not often, but it has been known to happen..

Andy,
the first pic is Sayre.
the second, third and fourth pics are the same train on the same day,
but slightly out of sequence.

the second pic is the train sitting just East of Fulton street.
it came out of Sayre, and was sitting still waiting to head west out onto the ST main.

the fourth (last) pic is from the Elmira street bridge, looking east.
If there was more visable in the top of the pic you would see Ted Clarks parking lot.

The third pic was taken after the fourth pic, and is a few miles west of Waverly, out towards Chemung.

I dont recall ever seeing a C32-8 in the lead.

Scot

by UPRR engineer

crazy_nip wrote:I dont know why everyone is so fascinated with these things

they were pieces of junk..

why do you think they were in ballast train service?
What does/did the UP have 30's? They might look like a piece of crap but they sure are fun to run and ride in.

by U-Haul

Union Pacific only had U30Cs and C30-7s The only railroad to buy C32-8s was Conrail. The only railroads to own C32-8s were Conrail, CSX, and Norfolk Southern.

Star Trek 40th Anniversary

by SOU2645

What does/did the UP have 30's? They might look like a piece of crap but they sure are fun to run and ride in.

The C32's were like the C39-8's and I disagree about them being fun to run or ride in. they are a piece of crap. Piss poor ride quality, slow as molasses to load and doors that south american indians would complain about squeezing through. "J-U-N-K have mercy and send this crap away" is the motto for the C39's on NS.
Larry