• Bergen County Line Freight

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by airman00

Anybody here know why kuiken brothers lumber in emerson, nj doesn't seem to be getting any cars anymore be it lumber spines or boxcars, etc. They reconfigured their siding and not long after that they stopped receiving cars. I haven't seen a car there in over a year. I have always read that they are very rail freindly, as in the like receiving rail cars. They still have to get lumber shipments every now and then since their still in business, (even though the economy is poor) and I guess it all comes by truck now? Is it really that expensive nowadays to have even one rail car a week delivered? So expensive that trucking has become cheaper?
  by SecaucusJunction

When passing by Suffern yard this weekend, I saw what looked to be two articulated garbage container cars... almost like they used to carry the MNJ dirt in, but these were gray. Does anyone know where these might be going? I'd never seen that particular kind of car in Suffern before. I'm not exactly sure how many there were or what was written on them as they were parked behind the old pet food building on Rt 59.
  by chuxter26

That articulated car was sent to Suffern by mistake...Belongs to Epic in Newark-a CR Shared Assets customer
  by bigkidtrainz31

12:42am
just heard some
loud horns on a
train heading west...
was it the H80, a late
running O7 or an extra?
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

1:42 a.m. long loud horns
on an EB loco power move,
no cars...peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

9:57pm H80 rolled by
thru Rutherford, with
about 6-7 cars....
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

3:24pm
just caught what i think was
a rare appearance by the H81
on the BCL...
NS 5613 & 5661 (facing west)
with a boxcar heading back to
EB back towards Croxton...
peace,
  by Steve F45

not sure if they've been getting cars regularly, but when i looked at bing maps the siding looked over grown. But the lumber company in Fairlawn, just west of the station had 3 centerbeam lumber cars on it beeing unloaded. Looked like they had to get people to move there cars away from the tracks too.
  by bigkidtrainz31

1:49pm
doubt this was
the HO7, but just
saw a WB train..
2 locos with
'bout 10 cars...
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

2:32pm
WB 2 locos, 5 cars, w/trailer
facing east...
the H80 runs late night with
the trailer facing east....
but does the 80 still exsist?
it's been a long time since i've seen it...
was the train that just went by, an extra?
thanks...
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

the H80 lives! i think :-)
westbound about 1:28am
loud horns 'bout 10 cars
with the trailer facing east....
peace,
  by chuxter26

BKT...That was the H56 out of Suffern..went to Croxton to pick up another engine...The H80 had the 5610-5617 with the mini H07...They usually work on the M&E doing Midlantic Veg. Oil at night....Mon-Fri...
  by bigkidtrainz31

ah ok...thanks Chuxter!
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

1:02 a.m.
looked like a 2 engine
power move heading WB...
peace,