• Bergen County Line Freight

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Steve F45

I know this is for the bcl, but does the PVL have any more freight customers left? I almost never see the NS GP38-2 that would be down in woodridge or any freight cars.
  by airman00

Steve F45 wrote:I know this is for the bcl, but does the PVL have any more freight customers left? I almost never see the NS GP38-2 that would be down in woodridge or any freight cars.
I know the kuiken brothers lumber yard in emerson still recieves freight. Their freight siding was reconfigured when PVL went to midday and weekend service so they could still be serviced and not block any passing NJT trains. Beyond Emerson, from westwood to spring valley no freight that I know of. In fact someone please correct me if I'm wrong, kuiken brothers may be last customer left on PVL. Their are still plenty of old freight sidings though.
  by Steve F45

wow. seems like more customers have stopped using rail over the last 18 months. I'll have to go down to wood-ridge and see if I can spot anything on the sidings. Maybe the train is just out of sight from 17.
  by bigkidtrainz31

as a matter of fact i think it's been
around 18 months or more, since i
last saw a GP down by Reddy off
Seamans in Wood-Ridge....
these were pics i took from
12/06 & 3/07...
if ya click on 'em they should
go full size....peace,
  by SecaucusJunction

Earlier this month, on a westbound NJT Bergen Line train, I saw an NS local coming off the PVL at Pascack Jct with 15 cars and an engine at both ends. Not sure where the cars were coming from but there is definitely service somewhere on the line.
  by airman00

SecaucusJunction wrote:Earlier this month, on a westbound NJT Bergen Line train, I saw an NS local coming off the PVL at Pascack Jct with 15 cars and an engine at both ends. Not sure where the cars were coming from but there is definitely service somewhere on the line.
15 freight cars? interesting. I've never seen that many cars on pvl.
  by bigkidtrainz31

12:53am
heard the horns from way out....
1 loco with a lumber spine headed
back Croxton way...
prob just a quick move...
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

doubt that was the HO7
headed back...possibly a
light power move east
towards Croxton...
thru here at 12:10am...
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

nice pic bro!...purple haaaaze :-)
peace,
  by Jtgshu

sullivan1985 wrote:http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1899530

Road power up at Hillburn Yard with the local yard power.
That was a CCCCCCCOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD night shot!!!!

Do the GE standard cabs make random appearances around those parts or is that a real rarity?
  by sullivan1985

Jtgshu wrote:Do the GE standard cabs make random appearances around those parts or is that a real rarity?
I haven't seen one of these around in a LONG time.
  by chuxter26

There only 13 of these former Conrail cab signal equipped standard cabs on the roster
  by bigkidtrainz31

12:02 A.M. just heard 2 really
LOUD horn blasts, but didn't
see any cars by the time i got
to the back window...
seemed like another power
move but might've been
westbound this time...
peace,
  by bigkidtrainz31

the H80 went WB by real slow about 20-30 mins ago
looked 1 covered hopper..then about 5-10 mins later
another train went by WB, with about 12 cars.....
with it's trailer was also facing east like the 80's was...
extra? thanks,
peace,