• Bachmann Introduces HHP-8 on its website!!!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by mlrr

Hey guys!

Bachmann has finally posted its own picture of the HHP-8 locomotive on its homepage. They say its expected this winter. I'm hoping that its before christmas. The picture they have up there is an undecorated picture. Most likely a prototype model.

If anyone has any inside info, please share it!

http://www.bachmanntrains.com

by mlrr

Otto Vondrak wrote:Oooh... ahhhh....

LOL, exactly. I guess I should've posted the picture too. Oh well, lol. Thanks Otto!

by Dorfmeister

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so don't shoot me if I'm saying something terribly stupid... ;-)

Is Bachman also producing models which could be used on Marklin systems? (AC systems)

Because this HHP-8 looks great, and I'll be ready to buy one directly if fitted for my systems.

Regards,

Dorf'

by Nico

Hi Dorfmeister

I don’t think that Bachmann makes any models at all for the Märklin (AC) system, correct me if I’m wrong. But if you really like the HHP-8, it shouldn’t be that difficult too have it rebuilt according to your requirements. If you’re uncertain of how it’s done, there is a European based Forum, which surely can answer such questions. http://www.worldrailfans.info/forum/index.php

Regards

by Dorfmeister

Nico wrote:Hi Dorfmeister

I don’t think that Bachmann makes any models at all for the Märklin (AC) system, correct me if I’m wrong. But if you really like the HHP-8, it shouldn’t be that difficult too have it rebuilt according to your requirements. If you’re uncertain of how it’s done, there is a European based Forum, which surely can answer such questions. http://www.worldrailfans.info/forum/index.php

Regards
Hi Nico,

Thanks a lot, you've made my day :D

Regards

by Acela82

Hi dorfmeister.

There are a lot of books available where the rebuild of a DC locomotive to marklins ac system is discribed. With a bit technical and electric knowledge such a rebuild should be no problem. As you live in belgium, it should be no problem for you to get needable spare parts from marklin...

Micha

by Dorfmeister

Thanks for the tips Micha,

But as I'm a dumb in electricty, I'll ask my usual dealer about this, he'll surely be able to make it.

Regards and many thanks,

-Dorf'

by sdsmillar

The only thing I wish they'd do is put out an unnumbered HHP-8 (and maybe one for MARC)

by mlrr

sdsmillar wrote:The only thing I wish they'd do is put out an unnumbered HHP-8 (and maybe one for MARC)
Yeah I know. I think it might have to be due to licensing issues. Perhaps Amtrak only allows certain numbers. I'm assuming that was the case with the AMD-103 as well. Of course, I could be worng.