• Amtrak Schedules

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by AmtrakTimeTables

Hi, I am new to this site and want to share that I have a website that has all train schedules in PDF including Dining Menu and all other resources. Hope it'll be useful for people whoever need find timetables in easier way. Look forward to meet everyone here.

https://amtraktimetable.com

Cheers,
~J
  by BAR

Thanks for providing. They look helpful.

BAR
Williamsburg, VA
  by R36 Combine Coach

Not official timetables, but the closest you can get now.

VIA no longer has PDF timetables, but does offer printable HTML accessible timetables.
  by AmtrakTimeTables

STrRedWolf wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:53 am I would also keep track of what the Rail Passengers Association is doing:

https://www.railpassengers.org/resource ... imetables/

Still, nice that you're getting everything rearranged nicely.
Thank you and I try and wanted to make it easier for everyone, that's all.
  by charlesriverbranch

Why doesn't Amtrak post official timetables? Are we back to the days when railroads were trying to discourage ridership?
  by STrRedWolf

charlesriverbranch wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:39 am Why doesn't Amtrak post official timetables? Are we back to the days when railroads were trying to discourage ridership?
The question really should be "Why hasn't Amtrak resumed posting official time tables?" They stopped during the pandemic.
  by Gilbert B Norman

From the NARP/RPA material noted by Mr. Wolf:

"Created by Rail Passengers NYS Council Member Nathanael Nerode & Christopher Juckins using publicly available GTFS data"

It appears that one individual participating in the NARP/RPA project is not about to do much in the way of riding in the foreseeable future:

New York Times'

Fair Use:
For Nathanael Nerode, 46, the partner of Mx. Cherry, the imperative now is to educate others about the risks that remain. When friends say they are not worried about Covid because they have already had it, Mx. Nerode, who also uses gender-neutral courtesy titles and pronouns, sends them a link to academic papers that suggest reinfection is relatively common and each infection adds to the risk of severe outcomes. When friends say they do not mind if they get Covid because it will be only a cold, Mx. Nerode sends a paper suggesting that even mild cases can result in cognitive impairment.
  by Arborwayfan

I assume Amtrak stopped printing timetables to save money.

My guess at why they stopped posting pdf timetables is that having the same schedule information in two official places in two different formats (the pdfs and the website) required a lot of typing or cutting and pasting and proofreading to keep the two in agreement with each other. I realize that Amtrak must have the schedules in some kind of file somewhere. I assume they are still in the employee timetable or issued to train crews in some other way? But maybe putting them in the format of the printed public timetables was a cost they thought they might as well save.

I can actually see dropping the LD and sparse corridor timetables, where there aren't many choices of time, but for the NEC it must be inconvenient not to have an easy list of all the trains.
  by rcthompson04

Arborwayfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm SNIP
Not having PDF timetables is annoying on the Keystone. Before Covid I had a SEPTA Paoli Thorndale timetable and an Amtrak Keystone timetable pinned besides each other in my office.
  by jbvb

"...we didn't need to publish timetables at Bloat Airlines..."
  by R36 Combine Coach

Arborwayfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm I assume Amtrak stopped printing timetables to save money.
LIRR also stopped, May 2020. NJT still publishes timetables for now.

Greyhound is officially online, the system timetable is here (see complete timetable guide at bottom).
  by Gilbert B Norman

Lest we become "to wed" to GPS and on-line lookups:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 5371973803

Funny, how last Sunday I was driving to Cleveland, when "Lady Lex" (that"s her name) sat/nav suddenly stopped giving directions, and before I knew what was going on, I had "blown" a turn (off I-80 and on to I-480).

"OMG Gil, you're dead". I could never find my destination, Severance Hall on the Western Reserve Univ campus, without it. Eventually I came to my senses, pulled off I-77; when I finally knew something was wrong. I shut down the engine, fired up, then reset "Lady Lex" and continued on without further incident.
  by STrRedWolf

R36 Combine Coach wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:34 pm
Arborwayfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm I assume Amtrak stopped printing timetables to save money.
LIRR also stopped, May 2020. NJT still publishes timetables for now.

Greyhound is officially online, the system timetable is here (see complete timetable guide at bottom).
LIRR's excuse this time is the mess with Grand Central access.