• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:
ThirdRail7 wrote:
Fan Railer wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:641 is in the way, it did not do its Boston run because of the derailment.
Well, you know that they don't necessarily have to go in order...
Agreed. Neither 632 or 639 has been tested yet 640 started (and flubbed) testing.

As for 833, it is not a test train. It was an inspection train for the grand poobahs.
Thanks for the note on 833.

639 went with 636. I forgot about 632, and no wonder why 640 hasnt come up yet in revenue.

639 doubled up with the 636 for mods for double header service. That is as far as things went with 639. Has it not occurred to you that you haven't seen it in revenue service?

That is because it has not completed testing. There is nothing wrong with it.

Which is why I said testing has begun on the 640 while the 639 and 632 have yet to be tested.

To add on to this, the next unit to finish testing will be the 640 if all goes according to plan.

So, again. 639 has not been tested and is not accepted.

When you see it attached to a special, then you will know it is on its acceptance runs.
  by DutchRailnut

Not Amtrak but ACS-64 related : SEPTA is planning to replace its fleet of electric locomotives,
seven AEM-7 and one ALP-44, with an order for the Siemens
ACS-64.

If the SEPTA board approves the order tomorrow, thirteen
engines will be ordered, with five options.
  by afiggatt

Dookie wrote:Interesting. Thanks Dutch. Any expectation of delivery?
The first SEPTA ACS-64s (or whatever the SEPTA versions will be called) are due in 2018, according to this Philadelphia Inquirer article: SEPTA plans to spend $154 million on new locomotives. Siemens will begin delivery of Charger diesel locomotives to the Midwest states and California starting in 2016 and All Aboard Florida in the 2016-2017 timeframe, so a 2018 start for delivery of the SEPTA electrics makes sense.
  by Tadman

afiggatt wrote: The first SEPTA ACS-64s (or whatever the SEPTA versions will be called)
SCRAM-64

S Septa
C Commuter
R Rail
A AC
M Motor
64 6400hp

Happy Friday, guys...
  by BandA

afiggatt wrote:
The first SEPTA ACS-64s (or whatever the SEPTA versions will be called) are due in 2018, according to this Philadelphia Inquirer article: SEPTA plans to spend $154 million on new locomotives. Siemens will begin delivery of Charger diesel locomotives to the Midwest states and California starting in 2016 and All Aboard Florida in the 2016-2017 timeframe, so a 2018 start for delivery of the SEPTA electrics makes sense.
That's $8,555,555.56 each. Is that a good price / value?
  by chuchubob

Tadman wrote: SCRAM-64

S Septa
C Commuter
R Rail
A AC
M Motor
64 6400hp

Happy Friday, guys...
That's 6400 kW, 8600 hp.
  by TrainPhotos

BandA wrote:
afiggatt wrote:
That's $8,555,555.56 each. Is that a good price / value?
The figure is "up to" 154 million based on official SEPTA budget docs available online. I believe the "up to" is a placeholder for the option order in budget speak...
  by DutchRailnut

price is based on 13 locomotives plus spares and technical support.
  by DutchRailnut

If price already includes those 5 it would not be option but done deal ;-)
  by Jishnu

afiggatt wrote: The first SEPTA ACS-64s (or whatever the SEPTA versions will be called)
Well the European version is called EuroSprinter. So the Philly version should perhaps be called PhillySprinter :)
  by ApproachMedium

As far as I remember the 611. Theres been quite a few of these that have had to have truck/motor swaps now.
  by ACeInTheHole

ApproachMedium wrote:As far as I remember the 611. Theres been quite a few of these that have had to have truck/motor swaps now.
611 disappeared for a little. I figured it was in for that. That one is a good one. 624 and 626 have gone MIA