• ALCO's Biting the Dust?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by murray83

i'm sorry that my english is not up to code for the spelling police you see its my second language....i'm french.

your a teacher i hope you know that new brunswick is a province,not a country.

i enjoy that you think i'm a foamer when you've never met me.thats ok i really couldn't care what anyone thinks of me on here,they don't know me and never will.

by pablo

I smiled when I read your post. You won't find any French bashing from me: I spent some time in Provence (there's no way to use the accent marks here, sorry) in 1994 and loved it, and would go back in a heart beat. And I'm not the spelling police, because if I was...the jails would be REALLY full. By the way, I edited my last post becuase I left an E off of where.

Indeed I know NB is a province. That province happens to be in another country, which is what I meant. I was practicing Synecdoche like a good English teacher about to hit the grind; Synecdoche is where a part stands for the whole.

And you are a foamer. It's OK. Most people here are foamers. It's when it becomes excessive that people need slapped (practicing my best Pennsylvania grammar there).

Dave Becker

by charlie6017

Keep it calm, guys...............I don't mind a heated discussion--just no flames (unless they're shooting out of those Alcos!) ;-)

Personally, I don't like closing threads.

by murray83

i don't get why you think i'm a foamer,i haven't been around a train in 5 years or more,if i was a foamer i'd be trackside every day taking pictures.

i have better things to do than stare at trains all day,i'm sorry i really don't

by GOLDEN-ARM

"i have better things to do than stare at trains all day,i'm sorry i really don't"

That's so sad. I don't have enough hours in a day, to stare at trains. You just gotta try harder........... :-D

by murray83

haha,i wish i could but time won't allow it,too many things to do,such little time.

by BlockLine_4111

Regarding foamers see this link and feel free to chime in but lets not crash and burn the threads.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 6&start=90

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

by Steve F45

i remember reading that when he posted it. I mean you could get in trouble with the police for having something like that on your car. Some people just go a lil to far.

by Alcoman

I see the rumors about the demise of the ALCOS are flying around again. This is also in Railpace(FEB issue).
Does anyone have the REAL story on them?

by amoreho1

there has been a lack of alcos/mlws lately on any trains (in new york)

by rcbsd45

The SU-99 that ran out of NJ on Monday, Jan 22, had the 3664 in the consist. It was running, but apparently isolated, and just along for the ride. The unit had been sitting in Ridgefield Park at the service facility for a few days, along with the 3672. The 3672 was used in local service on Monday night. This unit was the one with the locked axle that had it sit in Warwick NY for several weeks. It also was seen shooting significant sparks out of it on a SU-99 on Jan 15th. Rumor has it it doesn't hold the rails very well and may need some wheel work in the future..... Not sure as to the other units, but I DID see the 3670 in Binghamton this past Sunday, just sitting shut down near the yard office.

by Steve F45

what happeend to 3668?