Railroad Forums 

• ALCO's Biting the Dust?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#225647  by NYSW13000

One of my friends told me he herd a rumor NYSW is going to be getting rid of their ALCO's. I personally, don't beleive it. Have any of you herd anything on this topic?

#225658  by GOLDEN-ARM

Yeah, they are trading the whole group in on a collection of Baldwins, found stored in a barn, in Arizona...... :P

#225696  by NYSW13000

Haha, yeah. But seriously... has anyone herd?

#225754  by ANDY117

I haven't "herd" anything. It'd be a poor choice to give up 7 3600 HP locomotives. Maybe if they'd actually take care of them like the LAL they might actually work better than the EMDs they have.

#225825  by NYSW13000

ANDY117 wrote:I haven't "herd" anything. It'd be a poor choice to give up 7 3600 HP locomotives. Maybe if they'd actually take cars of them like the LAL they might actually work better than the EMDs they have.
Making fun of a 14 year olds spelling, how sad are you?

#225838  by scottychaos

NYSW13000 wrote:
ANDY117 wrote:I haven't "herd" anything. It'd be a poor choice to give up 7 3600 HP locomotives. Maybe if they'd actually take cars of them like the LAL they might actually work better than the EMDs they have.
Making fun of a 14 year olds spelling, how sad are you?
14 year olds should know how to spell "heard".
that's what sad.
learn to spell, and no one will make fun of your spelling.

Scot

#225849  by NYSW13000

Well Im obv. more grown up then him, if he cant keep his comments to himself.

#225853  by ANDY117

Dude- calm down. I'm 16. If it makes you feel better, some of my teachers can't even spell tomorrow. Or restaurant. But I don't see any reason again why NYSW would do this.

#225925  by charlie6017

Calm it down, guys or I will kill the thread. Let's please get back on topic.

Thank You,
Charlie

#226049  by GOLDEN-ARM

To get back on topic. Read the other posts, in this forum. This "rumor" resurfaces every few weeks, from people with nothing better to do. Gossip, speculation and rumors are the nitty gritty of what a railroad runs on. (some would have you believe this, anyway) Now, about those Baldwins............. :-D

#227672  by mountie17

Darn! Well I thought they were getting a couple of those Krauss-Maffei units from a secret location. :P

As said before it is just a rumor. They haven't totally beaten the Alco's up yet. It would be nice however, to see at least one get the "yellow jacket" treatment. That would look sharp! :-D

#228472  by LocoMech

Hey all long time listener first time caller. Mechanic for the NYSW here. The rumor is flyign around the company every so often but we all know better then to think Walt will get rid of the Alco's. Several people have told him to scrap the power and get some new stuff. He just dosen't want to hear it. Now about us taking care of the Alco's, we have been taking care of them. We can only take baby steps because we do run trains if you havent realized. Tighting heads, fixing exhaust leaks, ground relay problems, oil leaks, fuel leaks, etc. etc. etc. Its going to take a little bit but the crews that run them seem to see the difference we're making. So i ask you please dont bash us. I dont see you getting out from behind the camera and applying for a mechanic job.

#229104  by bwparker1

Thanks for the update LocoMech. We appreciate the input of a NYSW employee, especially a mechanic.

BWP

#229360  by washingtonsecondary

I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell if anyone is intrested.

#229402  by GOLDEN-ARM

Steel, or concrete? :P