• 3000 Series Cars

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by hardyboyz1999

When was the last time someone has seen an unredone 3000 Series train car? About how many unredone 3000 Series cars are left, and does anyone know which 3000 Series cars are still running in their unredone state?
  by realtype

hardyboyz1999 wrote:When was the last time someone has seen an unredone 3000 Series train car? About how many unredone 3000 Series cars are left, and does anyone know which 3000 Series cars are still running in their unredone state?
The last pre-rehab ones I saw, I think, were the 'experimental' cars 3282-3283, that had the bench-seating, leaning pads, grab handles, etc. That wasn't since Feb-March though. I know they're out of service now because the passengers (predictably) rejected all the new 'ideas,' except for the grab handles. So now that the 'experiment' is over Metro probably sent the pair to New York to be rehabbed. So know the only cars with the 'classic' Breda interior are the 4000s which have the messed up windows.
  by SchuminWeb

Last time I saw a "classic" 3000-series car was 3289 on the Red Line on April 18 of this year. Haven't seen one since, either ridden on or in passing.