• 2007 Livonia, Avon & Lakeville RR Movements

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by railwatcher

1/30/07 Northbound into Avon. A Light Engine move #432 and #425 arriving in Avon shortly after 8:30 am.

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Greg

by railwatcher

2/2/07 Before 9am Northbound into Avon with #432 leading #425. 18 cars were in from Lakeville and the train stopped and switched out at Kraft.

by Luther Brefo

Northbound train by Bailey Road at approx. 11:05 AM.

by railwatcher

2/5/07 shortly after 9 am the northbound train came into Avon from Lakeville. This following a snowy windy weekend, train was lead by #432 & #425 respectively with 8 cars. Sorry boys, no plow.

Greg

by Luther Brefo

Same train (didn't get a car count) spotted about 200 yards south of Bailey Road at around 9:50AM

by railwatcher

North into Avon with 14 cars lead by #420 and #425 respectively before 9 am.

by railwatcher

Shortly after 5 pm, #425 pulled the grade out of Avon with #420 and a consist of 23 cars, the majority of the load was covered hoppers.

Greg

by railwatcher

2/12/07 has 7 covered hoppers coming into Avon from Lakeville before 9am behind engines #420 and #425 respectively. A stop to Kraft was done taking in 3 tankers from the Avon Yard and removed 5 tankers from the factory.

by railwatcher

2/13/07 This afternoon shortly after 12:30pm I caught the drop of cars at Genesee Junction by CSX. The drop was made be two large CSX engines numbered #5216 and #7864 in respective order. After the drop was made before 2:30pm the engines took the balance of their train east on the Westshore.

by railwatcher

2/15/07 Into Avon around 9 am, I got a few pictures in that Avon yard, on my way to work. #432 and #425 with unknown car count northbound. Stopped to get covered hoppers and empties in Avon and proceeded to Howletts and on towards Rochester.

2/16/07 #432 and #425 running light northbound into Avon just before 8:30am.

by railwatcher

2/19/07 before 9am #432 and #425 arrived in Avon with 20 cars, northbound.

by Luther Brefo

Northbound train with 432 and 425 broke through the snow at Bailey Road with nine cars this morning at 10 AM. There were a total of eight tank cars and one hopper.

by railwatcher

A portion of that train seems to have been left on the Avon Industrial line.

by Luther Brefo

railwatcher wrote:A portion of that train seems to have been left on the Avon Industrial line.
Greg,

Were they hoppers for Howletts or tanks for Kraft?

by railwatcher

Actually, it appeared to be a mixed consist, unspecific in order, both hoppers and tankers. I don't know for sure but, I have a feeling that late last week things got little crazy at Genesee Junction, snow problems, deliveries and pickups must have got out of order. There were parked cars behind Southtown Plaza Friday and a 33 car train rolled out of the junction in mid afternoon. I would like to know the real story behind it all, for curiousity sake. I am working at RIT tuesday and will be around the area up there all afternoon, maybe I will see something that makes sence of it all.