• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by CR6618

So NYA will be nine years old (technically in May, 2006). I recall when it started up, skeptics were taking bets that it wouldn't survive two years.

by DutchRailnut

well most of their engines have not;-)

by Long Island 7285

Donate some FL9s instead of cutting them up
:wink:

by DutchRailnut

Donate ??? NY&A is a for profit railroad, let them do what other railroads do BUY.

by jayrmli

They're a for profit railroad except during contract negotiations and when it's time to announce employee profit sharing amounts. :wink:

Jay

by M1 9147

Joe, I like the idea of the FL9 back here. Too bad 300, 301, and 302 are no more, LOL!

by Long Island 7285

Donateing is not a crime weather or not its for use of profit or not. One RR's trash is anothers treasure :-D MN being a good neighboor and helping the NYAR. Heck what you NYA buffs think about seeing a FL9 painted in NYAs new scheme :-D I hate to offend you NH fans,
PS leave them in NH and run them on the bay ridge :wink:

by RRChef

Oh yea....just what NYA needs. An outdated overweight PASSENGER loco. Can't wait to see one down on the Bush! Why don't we just tow a few out to Gershow now and save a few steps?? :P

by jayrmli

There's no room out at Gershow. That GP 10 is already taking up valuable real estate!

Jay

by RRChef

They still haven't cut that piece of crap up yet??? Maybe a good resolution for 2006 is to convert that thing into a reef for fishing!!!

by CR6618

I thought my original post would generate intelligent discussion.

Goofing about locomotives seems to be more important.

by Long Island 7285

Yea I did to, but I had no choice to stick up for NYA, There powere might not be the best but they beat all odds and came through almost 10 years 9 this may, so all in all NYA came out on top. if your going to complain about NYA not haveing good powere please donate you scrap power that seems to be running better to NYA.

by DogBert

perhaps some attempt at getting back on some other topic is in order...

Any new customers and big projects brewing for nya in the next year? Aren't some of the tracks at fresh pond suppose to be fixed up or added to? New customers? Etc?

by Long Island 7285

Good idea dog bert.

after 9 successfull years whats the plans for NYA in 06's is there any new recruting goinnnng down. maby freight on the long beach or to oysterbay on day. (or is this still a dream?) is coastal opening another site?

by Jayjay1213

Unless someone opened up a 40 car a day site on the Long Beach or Oyster Bay, it would be quite silly for the NYA to service anything on those, or any other branches not currently served by the NYA. In fact it would be nice if the NYA could rid themselves of the Port Jeff and Montauk branch east of Jamaica.