Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Noel Weaver

Terminal Proceed wrote:There IS a wye at MO. It is used daily for various types of moves. I sincerely doubt they are gonna a wye train with passengers to bring them to yankee stadium stop.

I can almost guarantee that the only trains to stop there will be designated Hudson line trains. MAYBE they MIGHT add a shuttle from GCT/125 St. Lets get real here people - stop living in rail fan fantasy land.

Kevin
I totally agree with you, some of the people on here are truly living in
"fantasy land". The nonsense is getting tiring.
Noel Weaver

by Terminal Proceed

BenL - Yankee stadium stop during the transit strike is anything but insignificant. If you lived in the area, you would know that due to the tremendous parking capability, it made perfect sense to erect a temporary stop there. This way people could drive their car to the stadium, park it & hop on the train to work. Don't for a minute think that George S. will allow that to become a regular off season thing either. It was a state of emergency for the most part.

Kevin

by Terrapin Station

Noel Weaver wrote:
Terminal Proceed wrote:There IS a wye at MO. It is used daily for various types of moves. I sincerely doubt they are gonna a wye train with passengers to bring them to yankee stadium stop.

I can almost guarantee that the only trains to stop there will be designated Hudson line trains. MAYBE they MIGHT add a shuttle from GCT/125 St. Lets get real here people - stop living in rail fan fantasy land.

Kevin
I totally agree with you, some of the people on here are truly living in
"fantasy land". The nonsense is getting tiring.
Noel Weaver
You can debate whether the article is incorrect, but it clearly states that trains from ALL 3 LINES would serve the new station, presumably using the WYE.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyo ... -headlines

by NHRR WTBY

From the Newsday article:
"We will undertake a review of the project outlined by the governor and mayor and present a proposals to the MTA board in the coming weeks," said MTA spokesman Tim O'Brien.
This is a LONG, LONG way from building a station. Yankee fans are likely to see Boston win another World Series before they see a M-N stop at The Stadium.

by JoeBas

NHRR WTBY wrote:From the Newsday article:
"We will undertake a review of the project outlined by the governor and mayor and present a proposals to the MTA board in the coming weeks," said MTA spokesman Tim O'Brien.
This is a LONG, LONG way from building a station. Yankee fans are likely to see Boston win another World Series before they see a M-N stop at The Stadium.
Especially seeing as how by the time the state funding and construction and everything comes through on a new station at the current stadium... the stadium won't be there any more.

by *istDS

NHRR WTBY wrote:
*istDS wrote:
For some reason, the pols don't want to recognize the fact that the days of the personal automobile are indeed numbered.
You're joking, right?
NO, FOOL, I AINT JOKING !!!!
WHAT DID THE PRICE OF OIL CLOSE AT TODAY ?
DO YOU KNOW ?

DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH FOR $100/BBL OIL ?

It isn't even summer yet and gas is moving towards 3 bucks a gallon.

The idea of building so many parking garages is ridiculous.
A train station can benefit the residents of NY and perhaps those Yankee fans who come from CT.

The parking garages are mainly for the why-o's who come from NEW JERSEY.

by NJD8598

Another article ran in today's Advocate discussing the idea of a Yankee Stadium stop. I think it would be great to have a one seat ride to the stadium from the New Haven line, but I agree with many here that this is a long ways off if it even happens at all. Here's a link to the story if anyone is interested.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/scn-sa- ... -headlines

by CComMack

Terminal Proceed wrote:BenL - Yankee stadium stop during the transit strike is anything but insignificant. If you lived in the area, you would know that due to the tremendous parking capability, it made perfect sense to erect a temporary stop there. This way people could drive their car to the stadium, park it & hop on the train to work. Don't for a minute think that George S. will allow that to become a regular off season thing either. It was a state of emergency for the most part.
If there was money in it for him, then why not? It's not like those parking lots are raking in revenue while empty.

by NHRR WTBY

*istDS wrote:
NHRR WTBY wrote:
*istDS wrote:
For some reason, the pols don't want to recognize the fact that the days of the personal automobile are indeed numbered.
You're joking, right?
NO, FOOL, I AINT JOKING !!!!
WHAT DID THE PRICE OF OIL CLOSE AT TODAY ?
DO YOU KNOW ?

DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH FOR $100/BBL OIL ?

It isn't even summer yet and gas is moving towards 3 bucks a gallon.

The idea of building so many parking garages is ridiculous.
A train station can benefit the residents of NY and perhaps those Yankee fans who come from CT.

The parking garages are mainly for the why-o's who come from NEW JERSEY.
The days of the private automobile are numbered? Get real. There's plenty of oil...we're just haggling over the price.

What's a why-o?