Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#1162595  by Kurt-Trirail

Please direct all discussion relating to the AAF initiative to the respective thread on the FEC forum: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=94565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

References:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/18/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... k-for.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=All+Abo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =firefox-a

-Kurt
 #1163147  by electricron

Isn't All Aboard Florida going to be passenger rail? Shouldn't it be discussed under Passenger forums and not under Freight whether it's Class I or Class II? I'll agree TriRail may not be the best forum to discuss All Aboard Florida, maybe Passenger Rail General discussions is the best place now.
 #1163153  by chrsjrcj

While the Tri-Rail forum probably isn't the best place to discuss this matter, I do second the opinion that the AAF thread in the FEC forum should be moved back to the General Passenger Rail forum.
 #1163500  by Noel Weaver

Passenger rail regardless of what it is called should remain on the Florida East Coast. If it is moved elsewhere I will not have anything to do with it.
Noel Weaver
 #1420144  by CentralValleyRail

This threat should be renamed accordingly.

Very exciting to see this finally happening. Although there is a no real need for it until Phase 2 becomes a reality..
 #1420499  by CentralValleyRail

Yeah where? It's not in "Florida Commuter Rail including Metrorail, Sunrail, Tri-Rail and Proposals"

EDIT: I found it under "freight railroads" Hello It's not a freight train. I get it's owned by FEC but it's a passegner line and should be put there. Should we have Amtrak under CSX since CSX and Norfolk Southern own 70% of the operating territory?
 #1420505  by Rockingham Racer

CentralValleyRail wrote: EDIT: I found it under "freight railroads" Hello It's not a freight train. I get it's owned by FEC but it's a passegner line and should be put there. Should we have Amtrak under CSX since CSX and Norfolk Southern own 70% of the operating territory?

Valid observation!
 #1420518  by deathtopumpkins

I'd leave it with FEC. It's kinda a unique situation since it is a freight railroad (or rather the holding company that owns it) getting into the passenger business. The Amtrak comparison is apples-to-oranges, since CSX and NS do not own Amtrak. If CSX or NS started operating their own passenger trains, I'd expect to see discussion of such in the respective forum.
 #1420544  by SemperFidelis

At risk of being banned...

Why don't they refurbish those and run them on the new Florida service?

MODS: My tongue is firmly in cheek here.
 #1420563  by SemperFidelis

I thought it was pretty clear I was joking. No one wants to relitigate the Turboliner arguements of the past.
 #1420706  by CentralValleyRail

deathtopumpkins wrote:I'd leave it with FEC. It's kinda a unique situation since it is a freight railroad (or rather the holding company that owns it) getting into the passenger business. The Amtrak comparison is apples-to-oranges, since CSX and NS do not own Amtrak. If CSX or NS started operating their own passenger trains, I'd expect to see discussion of such in the respective forum.
If you want to go there Kelios owns VRE, shall we rename that thread too?

It's not my forum you will do what you want. I'm just pointing out that it's not exactly easy to find. I do get the uniqueness to the situation nothing of this magnitude has been done (via private funding) in a LONG LONG time.
 #1421027  by mmi16

Kelios does not own VRE. Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC) is the owner. Keolis is the company that NVTC hired to operate the service after their contract with Amtrak expired several years ago.