Railroad Forums 

• Unknown Card - Possible Crew Pass

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1288035  by Clearfield

Dimensions?
 #1288038  by Clearfield

jackintosh11 wrote:Approx. 3"x4"
GUESSING its a parking permit with room for a number in the white box.
 #1288057  by scotty269

It's a crew pass. Give it to the conductor the next time you ride, he'll let you ride for free.

(Just kidding)
 #1288119  by scotty269

jackintosh11 wrote:I'm riding on tuesday. I'll just ask the conductor.
I wouldn't flaunt around stuff like that. If there's a manager onboard, and they overhear, you and your friend could be in trouble.
 #1288216  by pete0r

scotty269 wrote:
I wouldn't flaunt around stuff like that. If there's a manager onboard, and they overhear, you and your friend could be in trouble.
Just show them the photo of it and ask if they're familiar with it.
 #1288544  by Launcher

Can't tell if you are trolling or not. But I'm still curious.

Why did you need to ask the conductor? Weren't you already told what it is? Why did an engineer give you one? Are you a child? Was he like, here have a souvenir? Couldn't you have asked what it was for then? Did you ask anyone on Tuesday like you said you would?
 #1288557  by ExCon90

You can forget about it being a pass. A pass shows the name of the individual to whom issued and has a printed serial number; they are certainly not casually handed out. (Under certain circumstances something called a "floating pass" may be kept in an office for use by certain individuals when needed; it must be handed back in after use.) I think scotty269 was pulling your chain. RCman2626's answer makes sense.