Pictures of the inside of the old 72nd St headhouse?

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

salfo

Pictures of the inside of the old 72nd St headhouse?

Post by salfo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 am

Does anyone have or is anyone willing to take some photos of the inside of this station?

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?54292

I was in NYC last week but I lost the pictures I took, which I'll need soon for an important project. If anyone could help me with this I'd be much obliged.

I'd like to be get a good feel for the layout of the inside.. if possible, including the direction of decent into the subway itself.

Otto Vondrak

Re: Pictures of the inside of the old 72nd St headhouse?

Post by Otto Vondrak » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:42 pm

salfo wrote:I was in NYC last week but I lost the pictures I took, which I'll need soon for an important project. If anyone could help me with this I'd be much obliged.I'd like to be get a good feel for the layout of the inside.. if possible, including the direction of decent into the subway itself.
Tell us a little about your project! Sounds interesting...
----------------------------------------------
Moderator: New York State Railfan :: New York Central :: Toy Trains
NYW&B Fan Site :: A Magazine I Read Often :: A Museum I Volunteer At

salfo

Re: Pictures of the inside of the old 72nd St headhouse?

Post by salfo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am

Otto Vondrak wrote:Tell us a little about your project! Sounds interesting...
Well, I'm enrolled in the Waterloo School of Architecture. The project was basically to study a threshold of some sort while we were in New York City, and now to "produce a graphic representation... distill or analyze the selectd space by manipulating the conventions of architectural representation..."

It's basically going to have to be a unique sort of technical drawing, so an understanding of the floor plan would help a lot (a LOT). I remember that there were turnstyles in the centre, and four subway entrances to the sides, but otherwise my recollections are quite vague.

Return to “NYC MTA Subway and Rail, PATH and SIRT”