Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#729416  by salfo

Does anyone have or is anyone willing to take some photos of the inside of this station?

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?54292

I was in NYC last week but I lost the pictures I took, which I'll need soon for an important project. If anyone could help me with this I'd be much obliged.

I'd like to be get a good feel for the layout of the inside.. if possible, including the direction of decent into the subway itself.
 #731008  by Otto Vondrak

salfo wrote:I was in NYC last week but I lost the pictures I took, which I'll need soon for an important project. If anyone could help me with this I'd be much obliged.I'd like to be get a good feel for the layout of the inside.. if possible, including the direction of decent into the subway itself.
Tell us a little about your project! Sounds interesting...
 #731150  by salfo

Otto Vondrak wrote:Tell us a little about your project! Sounds interesting...
Well, I'm enrolled in the Waterloo School of Architecture. The project was basically to study a threshold of some sort while we were in New York City, and now to "produce a graphic representation... distill or analyze the selectd space by manipulating the conventions of architectural representation..."

It's basically going to have to be a unique sort of technical drawing, so an understanding of the floor plan would help a lot (a LOT). I remember that there were turnstyles in the centre, and four subway entrances to the sides, but otherwise my recollections are quite vague.