Railroad Forums 

• GP40MC Top-Deck Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1191541  by WatertownCarBarn

AEM7AC920 wrote:None of our locos with the exception of the screamers are kept to a certain line. It's hit or miss and in the case of the southside, the F40 rebuilds strongly out number the geeps.
Excuse my ignorance, but why are the screamers kept to a certain line? Which line(s)? Thanks.
 #1191561  by octr202

Screamers are just kept to the northside. They run on all lines up here.
 #1191583  by ck4049

Not to mention Amtrak banned the Screamers from the NEC. The only time you will see one down South is on the Readville Switcher(and this is still an extremely rare occourance).
 #1191650  by ACeInTheHole

ns3010 wrote:
beanbag wrote:dang, they turned that sucker around pretty quick.
It doesn't take too long for a HEP unit swap. It's pretty much just pulling out the old one and dropping in the new one (more or less).
It was quick relative to a few of the previous ones is what I meant.
 #1191668  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

beanbag wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
beanbag wrote:dang, they turned that sucker around pretty quick.
It doesn't take too long for a HEP unit swap. It's pretty much just pulling out the old one and dropping in the new one (more or less).
It was quick relative to a few of the previous ones is what I meant.
need to remember, it also depends on NS and what they have on their plate for work
 #1207025  by MBTA1070

The 1130 has finally returned to service on the North Side according to NETransit. It's status has been "Prep for service" for a month or two.