Railroad Forums 

• MBTA in other media (ex-MBTA in the movies)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#303532  by blink55184

Havent seen it yet this weekend, and can't wait to.

Got amazing reviews and my friends told me it is worth seeing multiple times.

The Departed has some MBTA scenes in it I have heard

#303679  by bbfen

"The Departed" has some scenes with Martin Sheen hopping the Red Line at Park Street and riding to South Station ... while talking on his cellphone. I guess it's theoretically possible now with Nextel, but the Boston audience I was with booed at that part. The movie is pretty damn good on Boston stuff overall though.

Also, there were the requisite shots of the Red Line trains going over the bridge.

#304365  by bbfen

I remembered I'm going to be down at the DA's office Friday, and I'm sure a few of my favorite cops will be waiting around to testify before the grand jury. I'll ask what service they use, and if their phones get reception in the tunnels.

I thought I had read a few weeks back in the Globe that tunnel service was still sketchy for law enforcement, etc.

#306894  by bingdude

michael_m_rubino wrote:Banachek with George Pappard had some shots of the greenline on huntington ave. in the early 1970's.
If you are counting TV shows, there were a couple of shots of PCC cars and the Symphony stop in the opening credits of Paul Sands In Friends And Lovers, which ran on TV in 1973 or so.

#330815  by mattster

Rather than start a new thread I figured I would post this here. Why don't we make this a thread about the MBTA referenced in other media--books, movies, music, advertising? Anyway, I spotted this today at Kenmore:

#330831  by Ron Newman

that's way cool

#331986  by railfan101

The late 80's move "Hiding Out" with John Cryer . The scene shows him running from the Mafia through the platforms of South Station and Jumping on a commuter rail train.
 #332049  by GP40MC1118

There was some filming last week at Everett Jct for an independent
film called "Shuttle". Took place on the remnents of the Saugus Branch
and we even moved our ballast hoppers up closer to the overhead
bridge for them.

"Shuttle" is a pyshological thriller, directed by Edward Anderson and
is filming in Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, Revere, Roxbury and Worcester.

Dave

#332217  by paulrail

Very interesting Dave. Any idea when the movie is due for release?

Paul

#398895  by mattster

Being the horror movie fan that I am I was reading about an old slasher I've always passed up called Night School and learned that it was filmed entirely in Boston. I checked it out and was pleased to see this:

#399006  by rhodiecub2

railfan101 wrote:The late 80's move "Hiding Out" with John Cryer . The scene shows him running from the Mafia through the platforms of South Station and Jumping on a commuter rail train.
Don't they also show Washington station as well?

#399049  by Ron Newman

Which el station was this?

#399182  by AznSumtinSumtin

Washington wasn't an El station. It's Downtown Crossing. Downtown Crossing used to be called Washington, but it was changed in the 80's.

#399186  by Ron Newman

That picture does not look anything like Downtown Crossing, either now or in any past decade.

#399189  by AznSumtinSumtin

Mattster simply said that the Washington El was shown in a movie. Then Rhodiecub2 asked if Washington(DTX) was in that same movie.