Railroad Forums 

• Keolis Meet the Managers

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1385060  by dbperry

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMBTACo ... 4902208816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/MBTA_CR/status/732599538507251712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tonight, Tuesday 5/17: North Station
Thursday, 5/19: Back Bay & South Station

4 to 6 PM
 #1385245  by octr202

I stopped by about 5 PM last night. They seemed to be holding up ok under fire.
 #1385796  by dm1120

Rockingham Racer wrote:Their courage is admirable. :-D
I'm sure the idea for this came from higher ups who will stay as far away from these events as possible.
 #1385831  by dbperry

dm1120 wrote:
Rockingham Racer wrote:Their courage is admirable. :-D
I'm sure the idea for this came from higher ups who will stay as far away from these events as possible.
I have no idea who invented the idea or if it is contractually required for Keolis. When I went to the one at South Station I witnessed an MBTA (not Keolis) Deputy Director of Railroad Operations patiently get yelled at for about 30 minutes by an irate woman who didn't like the 10 minute change to the time of her train. So, no, the higher ups didn't stay away and they actively engaged with both reasonable and irrational customers. I've seen a good mix of both Keolis and MBTA management along with mid-level Keolis customer service folks at these events. And they've always been willing to share lots of good info and answer my questions. They're not all evil bureaucrats.
 #1385885  by octr202

Just want to echo Dave's post, I've seen several high ranking Keolis and MBTA RR ops people at North Station as well. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the rank of the people turning out for them.
 #1385887  by Rockingham Racer

octr202 wrote:Just want to echo Dave's post, I've seen several high ranking Keolis and MBTA RR ops people at North Station as well. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the rank of the people turning out for them.
That's good of them. How does one tell if someone is "high ranking" in this bureaucratic morass? I know, I'm being harsh, but I really wonder. Do they wear a badge of some sort, or a bullseye? :P
 #1385907  by dbperry

Rockingham Racer wrote:
octr202 wrote:Just want to echo Dave's post, I've seen several high ranking Keolis and MBTA RR ops people at North Station as well. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the rank of the people turning out for them.
That's good of them. How does one tell if someone is "high ranking" in this bureaucratic morass? I know, I'm being harsh, but I really wonder. Do they wear a badge of some sort, or a bullseye? :P
Ha! The way some folks were treating them, you'd have thought they were war criminals, not railroad workers. So the bullseye would be appropriate.

I always ask each person what their role is. That's how I find out who's there. South Station crew (that I spoke with) was: Keolis Director of HR, Keolis Manager of Customer Service, and the senior Keolis twitter 'operator.' Along with the aforementioned MBTA Deputy Director of RR Ops.

There were a couple of other Keolis folks wandering about, but I didn't speak with them.