Railroad Forums 

• Train Frequency

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#628664  by JBnWaverly

HI- Although my observation is based on casual observation of mainline activity near and along Sherman Hill driving I-80, train activity in Laramie and Cheyenne is almost absent. Economic condiditons seemed to have seriously effected train numbers or has there been shift toward more night movements. I do know that it was not uncommon through 2008 to see 5-6 IM, manifest and grain shipments no matter the time of day, all of which have disappeared r been curtailed. Right now it is not uncommon, and unsettling, to not see any activity in either yard, nor coming off Sherman WB or EB. Any employees out there can substantiate? Thanks, JB
 #629590  by UPRR engineer

Yep, i've been telling everyone how bad it really is in this country for some time now. Were headed for something scary.
 #677711  by WÖØD

well can't speak for that area up there, but here in houston its almost a joke. not a haha kind of joke either. without getting into details, i can tell you that one of the jobs i normally work, used to be guarantee for 12 due to traffic. you would always hear the dispatcher talking no matter the time of day. now, you can get clear signals all the way into houston without ever hearing a peep on the radio. then when you get to the yards, you don't hear ANYONE on a yard channel. not even a yardmaster. so probably what your seeing is your brain is telling you is right, the amount of traffic has dropped off....way off