Railroad Forums 

• History of 3636

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#638245  by atsf sp

What is the history of NYSW 3636 meaning its old railroads? And is it a FP45 or a F45P-1 and not associated with FP45s?
 #638537  by trainwayne1

Was this unit ordered by the Great Northern and delivered after the merger, or did BN actually order more of these units post merger?
 #638703  by atsf sp

lvrr325 wrote:What the heck is an F45P-1, anyway?
I don't know. I read it in a book and saw it on a roster website for the NYSW. It didn't sound right to me either.
 #652660  by NaDspr

When is was first painted in the Susquehanna colors at Little Ferry by engineer Andy Frankovic, it was numbered 6370.
The paint wasn't even dry and the hash mark strips hadn't even been applied but the engine made its maiden voyage in its new colors on a business car special from Little Ferry - Warwick - Maybrook - Campbell Hall, then east via NJT back to Passaic Jct. From what I remember, it just had the "Popemobile" car # 509 in the consist.
 #652714  by Sid Farkus

Wasn't it 3638 that was orgianally numbered 6370?
 #654296  by NYSW3614

6370 did indeed become 3638. Sold with the other straight 45s, now she's stored on the MRL.