Railroad Forums 

• SUPRISE on the Portland Secondary

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #14634  by obsessed railfan

It's hard to believe, but by coincidence I saw an NS track testing/geometry car on the Portland Secondary after 5pm today! NO CAMERA WITH ME!!!!! I saw it at Martins Creek and followed it to MP 11 anyway because this is something you don't see everyday! Did anyone else see this rare train (with photos)? :D

#15030  by rushhour

Geez! Thats a big surprise. Usually you will only see the local and the coal trains but thats an interesting find. I wish I was around to see that. Is it still there? I guess its back in A-town by now or if its still in Portland it is on the siding??? I hope someone gots pics of this. :D
 #15078  by obsessed railfan

Until I got home to get my camera and went back for it (around 40 minutes later), I couldn't find it. I'm thinking it went back to Allentown. Most likely I missed at a blind spot. Spring is the time NS does repairs so I wouldn't be suprised if it turns up somewhere else.

#15100  by rushhour

Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to watch my area for any local events. :wink:

Take care