Railroad Forums 

• GATX (GMTX) & LTEX Locomotives on lease to PAR

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1038915  by Guilford Guy9887

How many lease units are coming total because at 405 pm i saw what looked like SEPO ( 2 Csx gevo's) and 3 trailing GATX GP38's . Are these going to Pan am or just running through?
 #1038946  by MEC407

The 38s may be going to NBSR/EMR/MNR.
 #1039421  by moorebf235

I'm pretty sure I saw the 3005 parked in Plaistow Saturday but I was on my way to work and couldn't stop to actually look. It was with CSX engines though but when i saw that CSX again the next day it was without what I think was the 3005.
 #1043633  by TPR37777

Who is responsible for the maintenance of a leased unit? Does the lessor ever inspect them during the course of the lease, or just when they are returned such as with a motor vehicle? Can they be lent to other roads to repay hours just like any other unit?
 #1043654  by mec 381

merrman wrote:Isn't 3105 the one thta came in looking like a body shop reject? If so, when and where did it get painted?
Thats 3005 that looks like a body shop reject.
 #1045433  by JB283

I was just skyping with my grandmother and she live up near Mattawamkeag Maine and she said that either today or in the last couple days (i cant remember right off hand) that there where - " 2 or 3 yellow locomotives on the train when it went by, they said GSX or something like that" - My first thought was CSX, but csx isnt yellow with black stripes. That train would be either SJPO / SJWA or POSJ / POWA. Im not sure what its called now because the names change so often. Can anybody confirm (other then my grandma) what she saw?
 #1045436  by MEC407

Hard to say for sure, but of the GP40s they're currently leasing, there are two that are yellow. 3003, seen here at East Deerfield:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=200198

And 3001, seen here at Bucksport:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=200011

3001 has prominent "GMTX" reporting marks, and it's in the right region, so it's highly likely that it's the one your grandmother saw.