Railroad Forums 

• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1476801  by ShortlinesUSA

Thank you for that great info, 690. I wish I would have thought to ask, but your answer brought it to mind now-- based on those run times between Keag and NMJ, do these trains run in daylight between NMJ and Waterville? As long as they don't spend a ton of time working/sitting around NMJ, it would seem they might.

I will admit D1 becoming the last stand of the EMDs certainly has the gears going in my head on getting back up there. The last time I did, it was because all the locals were using the GP7/9s to date it.

I really appreciate the info!
 #1476812  by 690

MAWA does, heading west out of NMJ around 0700 (this last week they've been running somewhat later, but usually 0700-0800 is normal for them). They get into Waterville at some point around noon, or later. WAMA will then head out early afternoon to early evening.
 #1477654  by Cosakita18

Might be a silly question, but would D1 be capable of handling Autoracks should there ever be demand?? I know that CMQ is trying to pull autoracks off of CN /NBSR but could PAR handle them through D1 and D2 if needed?
 #1482455  by 690

Sounds like he saw the NBSR, as 95 doesn't cross Pan Am anywhere near Keag. They're doing track work to get their mainline back up to 40.
 #1482641  by PT1101

It looked as though the FRA and DOT test cars were parked behind the yard office at Rigby Saturday night. Didn't see any power attached. No idea when they might be heading out of town.
 #1482848  by PT1101

The DOT and FRA cars were still parked at Rigby Monday. In fact, they had company, in the form of PAR 1, PAR 2, and the 3 business cars. Train was facing west. The dome car was head out next to PAR 2.