Railroad Forums 

• CSX Mamaroneck, NY: Late Tuesday

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#356181  by L'mont

A CSX loco # 8087 (I think) passed through Mamaroneck at 22:10 last night. It was headed towards New Rochelle on track 3, running long hood forward. It had a covered hopper and a large boxcar in tow.

Anyone know what it was doing. Where did it come from? It was not the Marvel job from mamaroneck.

#356194  by DutchRailnut

ask on CSX forum, even Amtrak has its own forum even when on MNCR.
The switcher is B747 out of Croton .
 #356426  by MNRR_RTC

L'mont wrote:A CSX loco # 8087 (I think) passed through Mamaroneck at 22:10 last night. It was headed towards New Rochelle on track 3, running long hood forward. It had a covered hopper and a large boxcar in tow.

Anyone know what it was doing. Where did it come from? It was not the Marvel job from mamaroneck.
That was the B 750 going to Marval last night. It had to run around it's train at CP 216 and then shove from New Rochelle to Marval siding. It came from the Hudson line.

#356682  by L'mont

Everytime I've seen that job it had two engines and at least 4 cars in the consist. Why the short consist?

#356863  by MNRR_RTC

L'mont wrote:Everytime I've seen that job it had two engines and at least 4 cars in the consist. Why the short consist?
Sorry, don't have the answer to that one.

#358108  by eotd

i wish i had the time these days to head to Mam'k to spot such things.

there hasn't been a boxcar customer in a long time on this strech of the line, which is very interesting if someone new is getting service. makes me miss the 80s...

i think that the lumber customer in darien is served out of New Haven. interesting.