Railroad Forums 

• Traffic on ex-CCP, ex-IC line in Chicago?

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#949512  by beachbum

What's the traffic density these days on the ex-CC&P line through Elmhurst and the western 'burbs of Chicago? I ride METRA-BNSF and I usually see trains at the far west end of Hawthorne Yard on the bridge over the BNSF. Any plans to close Hawthorne?

Thanks!
 #952162  by CN_Hogger

Not much! You have the M337/M338 daily trains to and from Waterloo, IA and I think they still run M340 via the J to Hawthorne to get to the BRC. There's also the Broadview Local and the unscheduled ethanol trains. Once the new wye is installed at Munger, M338 will go via the J to Kirk Yard.

CN_Hogger