Railroad Forums 

• CP on the BNSF?

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#136069  by Midwest Rail Photog 89

I was railfanning out in Downers Grove right before Rush Hour, and this BNSF Stack Train snuck through. It had a CP Snoot SD40-2 second out. I have never seen CP on the BNSF. It was patched for NREX. Has anyone else ever seen CP on the BNSF? Here is a picture of it throttling up and passing under the classic CB&Q Signal Bridge.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=108849

Thanks! Nick

#136075  by AmtrakFan

I have a few times. Once a Dash 9 BNSF, CP AC4400 and CP SD90MAC

CP

#136077  by Midwest Rail Photog 89

Nice, John! :-) What kind of train was it pulling? Stack?
 #136087  by AmtrakFan

Midwest Rail Photog 89 wrote:Nice, John! :-) What kind of train was it pulling? Stack?
Taconite I think.
 #136580  by Amtrak31

Nice! I actually once saw a CP SD40-2 third engine on a manifest once. But that's the only time I saw CP power on the Transcon / Chillicothe.

#137257  by USRailFan

Doesn't the CP still run Potash over the BNSF to Seattle? (via Sweetgrass-Shelby. Marias Pass and the Hi-Line)

#143418  by BlockLine_4111

Just a few weeks ago I saw a CN SD-40-2 (or similar) on the lead (yes the lead) of a Denver bound doublestacker coming through Boulder, CO.

First time I have seen Canadian power on the Front Range Sub. and also the first time seeing foreign power on the lead.

What's up with the trackage in your photo? The rails show signs of heat kinking. Accident waiting to happen with them widecabs and stackers?
 #144200  by Amtrak31

Hope not, lol. The tracks look all bumpy.