Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak's ADIRONDACK

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1429406  by Allouette

I think I agree on the 1978 date for the switch to run via Schenectady. The same post gives a date of 1/12/1986 for the switch from NJ/CP to CN north of Rouses point, which seems about right considering other things that were going on at the time. The link was corrupted, here's a good version:

http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/507/p/44882/1242792.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1438325  by Dick H

Racing season opens at Saratoga tomorrow (7/21) and runs through September 4th.
Northbounds Adirondack and Ethan Allen NYP/SAR are sold out for opening day.
 #1440731  by Dick H

Timekeeping for Adirondack service on Friday, August 11 was out the window
at Westport NY. Northbound was just shy of two hours late and the Southbound
was 75 minutes late. About 20 passengers detrained from the Northbound and
about 20 passengers and a well behaved two year old Beagle,who seemed well
acquainted with climbing the stairs into the coach. boarded the Southbound.
Earlier, the Beagle owner had advised they would be getting off at Saratoga.

A morning visit to Saratoga found about 60 passengers boarding the Southbound
Ethan Allen. The S&NC train that is supposedly running Thursday through Sunday
did not move and there were no personnel around and the ticket office was locked.
The train consisted of loco #4135, one coach and one dome car. Also, I have not
visited Saratoga in many months, but since my last visit the combination snack bar
and gift shop has permanently closed.
 #1452371  by Dick H

Not the Adirondack, but on the Adirondack Route.
NY Capitol Region Toys for Tots train near Rouses Point, today, front and rear views.
Thanks to Michael Berry for the photos.

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/639934/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/639944/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1466839  by Backshophoss

Might be deadheading that Amfleet car and that road switcher back to Sunnyside Yard after shop repairs.
 #1466842  by Railjunkie

Rescue train, the 514 crapped out. Plus to deadhead a piece of equipment like an engine we wouldnt have it between a coach and a train. Plus I dont think the 514 would fit in the empire tunnel.
 #1474568  by BAR

I will be taking the Adirondack to Montreal on July 10. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced hotel near Central Station for one night. Would like to do something less expensive than the Queen Elizabeth or Bonaventure.

Thanks for any advice.

BAR
 #1476375  by BAR

Thanks for all the suggestions. My travelling partner has us booked at the Hotel Bonaventure.

BAR
 #1476458  by NS VIA FAN

The Bonaventure is a beautiful hotel. Its on the rooftop of Place Bonaventure with outdoor gardens and waterfalls. Get a outside southfacing room for a view over the viaduct into Central Station