Railroad Forums 

• Wiggle Wiggle?????

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#23068  by CRail

what does wiggle wiggle mean?
 #23196  by themallard

CRail wrote:what does wiggle wiggle mean?
wig·gle (w¹g“…l) intr. & tr.v. wig·gled, wig·gling, wig·gles. 1. To move or cause to move from side to side with short irregular twisting motions. --wig·gle n. A wiggling movement or course. --idiom. get a wiggle on. Slang. To hurry or hurry up. --wig“gly adj.

#23233  by TAMR213

Um, ok?

#23364  by CRail

If you dont know what Im talking about then you needn't respond. On the scanner i hear the transmit of "wiggle wiggle". I wanted to know what that was.
 #34402  by StationMaster

CRail,

Depending on the context in which this transmission was heard, the latter part of "themallard"s posting may apply: it may be a slang reference, where someone may be suggesting that a crew member (or train) "hurry up".

I have never heard this phrase transmitted, so I am just trying to be objective.

#34420  by CRail

The tone they use leads me to believe its a way of waiving off a train. i believe thats what it is but i wasnt sure. i also have a better idea now then i did before.