Railroad Forums 

• Good Antenna for a RS PRO-95 Handheld Scanner

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#152190  by NorfolkSouthernSean

I have a RS PRO-95 and I am having a hell of time trying to find a good antenna for railfanning. I have been around other people who have handhelds, but they can pick up stuff farther away than me. I have tried the silver and black telescopic antenna from Radio Shack and have had mixed results. I currently am using an antenna from Scanner World. They call it ANT-44. It is black and telescopic, but again still others can pick up stuff better than me. I can't really find too many antennas online. Please help.

#152324  by CN/NECR

Hey,

I don't know much about antenna's(I'm somewhat new to this)But I read on that ANT-44 you have,I was thinking of buyi the same one,that 3db Gain,looked very intresting,but,I thought my stock antenna was best,because I was around people who had long antennas on their scanner,and i was picking up more then they were,and clearly.I currently use the Uniden Bearcat BC60XLT-1,with the stock antenna and it works great.Maybe you should compare you stock antenna to the ANT-44(If you have your stock antenna)
I'm sure I didn't help much,maybe someone else can help you more then I can.

https://www.webtrix.net/shopcart/Advanc ... %2Ffont%3E Here's one site that I am looking for antenna on.Good luck

Darren

#152363  by NorfolkSouthernSean

Thanks. I've found a lot more now.