Railroad Forums 

• Photo renaming program

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#596222  by railfanandy

Hi all. I'm looking for a photo renaming program that I can batch rename photos. The thing I also need is for the batch rename feature to keep the number picture it is. For example, DCS_1234, or NS 5353 H2W Sunbury Pa._1234.jpg. Can anyone help me out?
 #596304  by Holtz

You can try File Renamer Basic. I found it when I needed to batch rename a bunch of scanned photos. You can find it at download.com.
 #597007  by keeper1616

I know most cannon cameras ship with a program that will do it, you can download it from their website as well. Photoshop will do it as well, but not nearly as effectively as some other applications.
 #597642  by railfanandy

Thank you guys so much! The infarview seems to be the best. Thanks again!
 #600793  by Agent at Clicquot

Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP), on a CD in the box with the body, has a "Batch Rename" feature which I use quite often. Adobe's Bridge application also has a rename feature that has a few more choices/flexibility than does DPP.

I use DPP's tool more often as its easier to to create multiple selections in this app.

If you'd like more info, let me know. Can email you some screen shots if you'd like.

hth,

* JB *