Railroad Forums 

• Alco FA-1 builders plate reproduction

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#722151  by MADDOG

If anyone out there has one in their collection, please let me know.
This is the last piece of the restoration of the LIRR Worlds Fair cab at the Oyster Bay RR Museum.
I understand that it is some form of lithography and I would only need a real good photocopy or to borrow the original to have it scanned and reproduced.
MADDOG
 #722255  by Otto Vondrak

MADDOG wrote:If anyone out there has one in their collection, please let me know.
This is the last piece of the restoration of the LIRR Worlds Fair cab at the Oyster Bay RR Museum.
I understand that it is some form of lithography and I would only need a real good photocopy or to borrow the original to have it scanned and reproduced.
MADDOG

I can help you create the artwork for your project, we made some similar plates like that at our museum (none Alco, though...)

-otto-
 #722339  by REM3Night

Danbury RR Museum has one of the exLIRR Alcos (FA-1 or 2?). Check with them, I presume it still has the builders plate. I'm sure that they would cooperate.
Ray
 #722388  by MADDOG

Ray & Otto: Thank you for the help. I will give Danbury a call and set up an appointment to visit. I'm only an hour & a half away.
MADDOG
 #782105  by march hare

If you can get access to a real, 3 dimensional builders plate, I can help you reproduce it. No need to remove it from the actual loco, if that's where it's located.

I do this kind of work routinely (reproducing 3-d shapes, that is) as part of my model RR business. Not a challenge at all.

Gardiner Cross
Cripplebush Valley Models
"Great Looking Rocks, In Less Than A Million Years"
www.cripplebush.net

[email protected]
 #782282  by traingeek8223

Remember this display had the later Alco Products aluninum builder's plate not the original cast iron one from the FA.